Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crazy theory/trade speculation

Default Crazy theory/trade speculation

Before I start writing I want to let everyone know that this is just my insane mind running wild thinking about different trade and draft possibilities. Even I don't think the odds of this all playing out the way I'm envisioning is very likely, but it's been something that's been creeping into my mind a lot lately.

Okay so here's the situation: The Rams, the Bucs, the Lions, and The Redskins all make their 1st round picks and Jimmy Clausen is still on the board. The Cards still have Anquan Boldin who they're looking to get rid of and they're also still in need of a QB. What if we were to trade Matt Cassel straight up for Anquan Boldin and than draft Jimmy Clausen?

Now hear me out here, I like Cassel I really do, but I'm not the only one on here that thinks Cassel will never develop into one of the upper echelon QBs. He's someone who will always be good, but I don't think he'll ever be great without a whole lot of help around him. If that's the case and we believe Clausen does have the potential to be great (which he should have a decent idea of since Weis was his coach at ND) than why not try and make that move?

With Boldin, Chambers, and Bowe, Clausen would have plenty of targets to throw to and many great coaches to learn from and to flourish. He would be our QBOTF and would help to restore hope in our franchise (a franchise that suffered a blackout for the 1st time in forever). Even if we don't want to start Clausen right away I think Brodie Croyle would be a sufficient stop-gap solution in the mean time. Any way I look at it I think this would be a good move for the franchise.

Let me know what you guys think and please even if you think this is stupid, try and take it easy on me.
    Last edited by captainamerica; 02-28-2010 at 01:27 PM.

Interesting thought but I would not like that move. QBS probley have the highest bust rate of any postion in the draft. Clausen is not a Qb that i am sold on at all for the NFL. He has all the chance to be a great QB but Cassle has put up good numbers in games even on a bad team. Bolden would be nice but I realy do not want to start over with a rookie qb.

i dont like this move. Claussen i think has bust written all over him, hasnt won a lot of games in his career, and has never played one nfl game yet. Plus we would have to pay him way more money than we are paying Cassel. Cassel won more than 10 games filing in for tom brady in his FIRST year as a starter. He also won more games than both Croyle an Thigpen. Once we get the pieces in place, i.e. receivers and linemen, Cassel will develop into that great QB your after.

I gotta be honest, I like it. Whether the Cards would make that trade, who knows. There in the same boat as us with Leinart, though I think there is a lot of speculation with him. I think your idea is great though. Weis knows clausen a d I think the offense would flourish as a result.

God, serisouly, were not trading Matt Cassel.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by lucky_lefty View Post
    Boldin will not play for Haley
    "I wouldn't mind playing for him in Kansas City" said Anquan Boldin in regards to Todd Haley. Anquan Boldin: 'I wouldn't mind playing for Chiefs' Todd Haley' - Arrowhead Pride

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I gotta be honest, I like it. Whether the Cards would make that trade, who knows. There in the same boat as us with Leinart, though I think there is a lot of speculation with him. I think your idea is great though. Weis knows clausen a d I think the offense would flourish as a result.
    If Clausen had proven ANYTHING in the NFL i would be with you on that. I think the fact that Weis nos Clausen would help but I just dont want to start the offense all over with a rookie qb.

At least Cassel has proven he is a leader.
    There are number of the so called experts that really question his maturity and his leadership ability.
    IMO this would be the stupist move they could make.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    At least Cassel has proven he is a leader.
    There are number of the so called experts that really question his maturity and his leadership ability.
    IMO this would be the stupist move they could make.
    there could be worse moves like cutting charles. But i am not a real fan of this at all. Cassel kept the offense together in a terrible year on what was a bad team. He has earned the chance to stay around when he has a good team around.

Besides that the cards would not go for that move. We would have to give more then Cassle to get Boldin.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast