Thread: A potential RB for us

Default A potential RB for us

One guy I have been interested in us picking up if he is available in the 4th is Toby Gerhart out of Stanford. He is a inside the tackles, bruising RB. Also, he is from Stanford, so you know he is intelligent (Stanford is one of the schools that doesnt not lower the admission criteria for athletes).

He could be a real nice complement to Charles.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingre...10tgerhart.php

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    One guy I have been interested in us picking up if he is available in the 4th is Toby Gerhart out of Stanford. He is a inside the tackles, bruising RB. Also, he is from Stanford, so you know he is intelligent (Stanford is one of the schools that doesnt not lower the admission criteria for athletes).

He could be a real nice complement to Charles.

WalterFootball.com: 2010 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Toby Gerhart
    Haha, not to make fun but you're acting like Gerhart is some kind of unheard of guy. He was 2nd in the Heisman voting after all, you know.

I saw him do the broad jump earlier today. The dude has the biggest legs I've ever seen.

Anyways, I'd be cool with Gerhart. I'm a little worried because he's a very upright runner with no real lateral quickness, but he might be good at short yardage situations. My biggest worry is that he'll resemble a 30 year old LJ.

i dont know if he will make it to the 4th...this guy is a monster

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjLh_yO41jw"]YouTube- Toby Gerhart Highlights 2009 the real Heisman[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    i dont know if he will make it to the 4th...this guy is a monster

I dont think he will make it past the 3rd round. It would be a steal to take him in the 4th. Hopefully we could get him there. I would consider him in the 3rd, but I think we have bigger needs than to use a 3rd rounder on a backup RB.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Haha, not to make fun but you're acting like Gerhart is some kind of unheard of guy. He was 2nd in the Heisman voting after all, you know.

I saw him do the broad jump earlier today. The dude has the biggest legs I've ever seen.

Anyways, I'd be cool with Gerhart. I'm a little worried because he's a very upright runner with no real lateral quickness, but he might be good at short yardage situations. My biggest worry is that he'll resemble a 30 year old LJ.
    I know he is a bigger name, just havent heard anyone on this site talk about him in connection with our team.

I saw part of him in the combine when I got home today. He was like 3rd fastest in the 40. I think he ran a 4.53
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

yea hes a big guy that is quite fast...i just think we could pick up something else in the 3rd and draft a guy like blount in the 4th or 5th

anybody know where anthony dixon is projected to be drafted?

Yes! Watched im the combine last night. I would not mind him at all!

I think I'd rather have Monterio Hardesty from Tennessee if we're going to take a back that early. He's quicker and a better athlete and has more pass catching abliity.

Or like mentioned, take a guy like Blount a little later. Ideally our backup RB won't have to do a whole lot with JC taking over the game. Maybe when we're up by 21 points in the 4th quarter.
    Last edited by yashi; 03-01-2010 at 07:53 AM.

Hardesty is a guy I like too... He's about 6' and 215 ...+ has plenty of play-making ability.

I thought Bryce Brown was going to step right in and start at Tenn. so I watched them pretty closely this year, and I must say...I understand why Bryce came off the bench..

Hardesty runs hard and is pretty damn talented