View Poll Results: Who's offense is worse?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chiefs

10 58.82%
  • Bears

2 11.76%
  • They both suck! (same)

5 29.41%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who's offense is worse?!

Default Who's offense is worse?!

This may sound hard to believe, but the Bears looked even worse than the Chiefs on offense today against the Bolts. I don't know how many drops they had, not to mention 3 fumbles and a pick, as they only score a fieldgoal. I think it could be extremely likely that this game could be tied 0-0 going into OT, that's how bad the 2 offenses looked today. I'll have to give the edge to the Bears though sadly. Why? The Chiefs suck on the road of course. So, who do you think is worse? Or maybe even the same!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    The Chiefs D has been getting beat deep for as long as I can remember!!! If we could ever lessen that threat, we would be good!
    True; a good pass rush would help that.

Jared Allan will help! Sadly, he's still suspended for one more game.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Jared Allan will help! Sadly, he's still suspended for one more game.

The defense will need to score in order for the Chiefs to even sniff 10 points next week.

No matter who sucks or who is good Chiefs vs. Faders is always close and hard-fought. This is never a game to take for granted.

For the record, we did not lose to the Texans because of play-calling as many have stated. We lost because we had 4 turnovers and a slew of penalties. Most any team that is -2 in turnover ratio and loses field position on every possesion due to penalties will not win said game. Period. It's not rocket science.

Our offense came out looking good on the first drive but had the wind taken from their sails on a missed field goal and then a fumble shortly after on a kick return. The Chiefs' offense could not get in rhythm after that and Houston adjusted accordingly to keep their lead. We made mistakes. Herm didn't fumble the ball. Solari didn't throw a pick. Carl Peterson did not miss a field goal. These guys have made many painful mistakes for Chiefs' fans but put the blame where it truly lies. Eventually, it actually does come down to the players on the field. They made mistakes and did not execute. That is why we lost.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Peterson, Edwards, and Solari placed on the field the offense that didn't perform, and play calling did play a part in the loss IMO. Now, having said thus, I will also give the appropriate credit to those three for any wins that we get; if we get.

As enjoyable as it might be, I'm not sure beating the Raiders this year counts...they'll likely beat themselves.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

I do agree that they didn't open the playbook up enough to give us a chance once we were behind and yes, they fielded the team that lost on Sunday. However, every guy on the Chiefs' roster is paid to do a job and do it well. All I'm saying is that at some point, the players need to take some of the heat for turning the ball over, committing senseless penalties, and missing kicks.

I'm glad that worthless kicker is gone, btw. That little punk wanted to hold-out for more money and rolled his eyes about having to practice. Then, when he gets on the field in a real game, he can't do his job. Good riddance, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I do agree that they didn't open the playbook up enough to give us a chance once we were behind and yes, they fielded the team that lost on Sunday. However, every guy on the Chiefs' roster is paid to do a job and do it well. All I'm saying is that at some point, the players need to take some of the heat for turning the ball over, committing senseless penalties, and missing kicks.

I'm glad that worthless kicker is gone, btw. That little punk wanted to hold-out for more money and rolled his eyes about having to practice. Then, when he gets on the field in a real game, he can't do his job. Good riddance, imo.
    Agreed and well said!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post

Having watched the replay today, I feel alot better about that game. The offensive pass-interference call, against Gonzo, was ludacris. And the "fumble" looked like a very bad call, too. Both of those were drive-killers.

Aside from that the defense didn't play bad and the offense didn't play as poorly as I had thought.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Having watched the replay today, I feel alot better about that game. The offensive pass-interference call, against Gonzo, was ludacris. And the "fumble" looked like a very bad call, too. Both of those were drive-killers.

Aside from that the defense didn't play bad and the offense didn't play as poorly as I had thought.
    Eggsactly! The PI on Tony was complete lunacy. How can a guy who is not even in the area of the pass interfere??? The "fumble" by Wilson is yet another challenge we have already been screwed on this year. I've seen that exact same scenario called incomplete on numerous occasions.

Another thing that got to me was the suspect catch by Davis on the ground. If that was any of the Chiefs' receivers they would have shown the replay a million times before the next snap to make sure the ball didn't bounce off the turf.

Instead, we got one look from a crappy angle that didn't show us anything and that was it. There also was no replay shown on the bogus PI call on Tony nor was there one on a holding call that brought back a first down run.

I see this every year with the Chiefs. Other teams and other games get broken down frame by frame constantly during the game but if it's a suspect call for the Chiefs, they don't even want to show us because they know the outcry from the fans will be heard everywhere. They don't want to give us any ammo to say we are getting screwed.

Say what you want about the leaders of the Chiefs' organization. They make plenty of bonehead mistakes and do seem to hold us back. However, I know that another reason why we can't seem to get ahead is the NFL's pimping of teams to improve certain market areas. They try to be sneaky about giving other teams advantages because they know the Chiefs will still bring in plenty of cash for the organization and the league through merchandise and ticket sales. I've watched the Chiefs long enough now that I can see through their charades.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast