Thread: Eric Berry Jumps 43"

Default Eric Berry Jumps 43"

Just sayin' I think they should draft him. Every year I choose a person i want the Chiefs to draft in the first round! This year, I want them to draft him. Opinions?

I wish I had an opinion, but I don't. I don't follow NCAA football enough to know who's who and be familiar with their athletic talent.

I just hope whomever the Chiefs draft, they make a positive difference for us in 2010. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I would also like to have him in KC. The only guy that realy gets me excited is Suh but he wont be there at 5. Berry would be a nice pick.

Taylor Mays was wicked today... I for one am not surprised, just as how the Bengals D turned around once my boy Maualuga and the rest of that crazy USC D went. Whatever, I would be very happy to get Berry for sure, I think they're both almost can't miss prospects.

We've gotta make a petition.

"We believe Safety Eric Berry would be the best possible option in the draft relating to the chiefs defense, Signed chiefs fans from Chiefscrowd.com"

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I would also like to have him in KC. The only guy that realy gets me excited is Suh but he wont be there at 5. Berry would be a nice pick.
    I agree, if Suh is not there, I like Berry. I keep hoping that some how we get Suh.

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    Taylor Mays was wicked today... I for one am not surprised, just as how the Bengals D turned around once my boy Maualuga and the rest of that crazy USC D went. Whatever, I would be very happy to get Berry for sure, I think they're both almost can't miss prospects.
    Ouch man.. not to rain on the Taylor Mays parade, but nobody has ever question his athletic ability being on an elite level. It really comes down to the fact that the game tape on him is really, really bad.

Again, the athletic ability in all areas is through the roof, but he is unquestionably a better athlete than football player. Bad angles, no ball skills, coverage, tackle technique, etc.

This scouting report sums it up pretty well.

http://www.walterfootball.com/scouti...t2010tmays.php

Not that I don't think he can't end up being a good pro if he's coached right and puts forth the effort, but he has a ton of work to do before he should be labeled a can't miss prospect.