Thread: players the Chiefs could be interested in.

Hmm, interesting the people who aren't listed. Guess we'll see soon, eh.

I remember looking at that list last year and being disappointed in how many guys were missing from the list that I thought made a lot of sense for us. This year I'm a lot happier with it, though there is a noticeable lack of nose tackles aside from Dan Williams.. but of course it's just what's been reported.

I don't know much about the draft, but I always gathered from listening to others talk about over the years...that teams didn't let it be known who they were interested in...via the media, etc.. Rather, that teams often leaked inaccurate info deliberately to throw off their real interests.

True or False?

If true, then none of the reports can be believed...right?
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 03-03-2010 at 05:00 PM. Reason: I get then and than confused sometimes! HA! :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I don't know much about the draft, but I always gathered from listening to others talk about over the years...that teams didn't let it be known who they were interested in...via the media, etc.. Rather, that teams often leaked inaccurate info deliberately to throw off their real interests.

True or False?

If true, then none of the reports can be believed...right?
    True. Typically the only team that really lets it known who they have their eyes on is the team that holds the 1st overall pick, but they sometimes will even bluff to look for trade offers.

Resident Celebrity

Several players missing whom i would have thought we would have talked to:
    Okung,Berry,McClain and maybe Dez Bryant. Players whom we could select #1 overall.

What is scary...Buluga is on the list.Are we really looking at him before Berry or Okung?

As far as, Dan williams, Brandon Graham and Golden Tate. All three will be gone before we select again in the second round.

Names missing from list that surprised me:
    T Cody, Sergio Kindle, Ricky Sapp and like any of the recievers( Shipley, Damian Williams, Demaryius Thomas, A Benn, B Lafell)

Marty Gilyard was only name on the list i liked. Not to say i actually like Gilyard.

With the names listed of players we've talked with i think it is safe to say we will select a corner in the second round.Players listed who maybe available in the second are D McCourty( looked great at combine and he ran well...he may sneak into the first), Syd-Quan Thompson( i hav'nt read anything about him yet?) and Perrish Cox.

Of the players listed who may fall to second round i like Vlad Ducasse-G.

Who is this NT-Tyson Alualu. No, Troup, Cam thomas or Cody listed?

I am sure that Pioli will have me upset on draft day again.