Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's Steal Morrison

Default Let's Steal Morrison

I was just reading on Yahoo that the Re Tard raiders pur LB Kirk Morrison only for a third round tender. he is the leading tackler on thier team and would be a nice quick fix for us being that he is still young and proven to be a good player in the league PLUS just stealing a player from the Raiders would be satisfying lol

From what I'm reading on Morrison is he's great in coverage, not so good against the run. IF that is true, it probably isn't a good fit.

ESPN's Scouting Report:

Morrison is an extremely instinctive LB who has the size, strength and speed to make plays all over the field. He is very quick to read and react. He's physical against the run and is a good solid tackler. Morrison can take on and shed blocks quickly. He has good lateral quickness and is agile enough in space to make plays against quick change-of-direction runners. He knows how to play with knee bend and he uses his hands well play off contact. In passing situations, he does a good job of gaining depth quickly and reacting to patterns in zone situations. He can anticipate and get a good break on the short to intermediate throws. He is a player that should continue to contribute at a high level and does not get enough credit for his production.
    I've always thought Morrison is a very good linebacker. Of course, he doesn't run a 4.4, so to Al Davis he is not a great player. I'd love to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    From what I'm reading on Morrison is he's great in coverage, not so good against the run. IF that is true, it probably isn't a good fit.
    ProFootballFocus.com - By Position

PFF has him as the 4th best ILB in the entire league against the run last season based on their equations. I trust them a lot since they also have Flowers as the 5th best CB, which I believe is pretty accurate and not widespread knowledge around the league.

I would like to see us pick him up, he would definately improve our D.
    We have so many holes to fill and so many of our draft picks have not panned out,therefore in my opinion it makes sense to find good solid proven players when opportunity strikes.

Also lets take one of the raiders top players, and watch Al Davis draft a dud with a bad attitude or on probation.

I think he would be able to help. And right now any help is good help. This is the type of guy that Pioli would sign.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I would like to see us pick him up, he would definately improve our D.
    We have so many holes to fill and so many of our draft picks have not panned out,therefore in my opinion it makes sense to find good solid proven players when opportunity strikes.

Also lets take one of the raiders top players, and watch Al Davis draft a dud with a bad attitude or on probation.
    But.. if he can run really fast in a straight line or throw a ball 70 yards from his knees, he's a great player.

"He's a great player.........get over it."

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    But.. if he can run really fast in a straight line or throw a ball 70 yards from his knees, he's a great player.

"He's a great player.........get over it."

What happens to people like Al Davis that makes them the way they are? He wreaks of evil in this pic! SCARY!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

From what I've been hearing too, the Cardinals have lowered their expectations for Boldin, only wanting a 3rd. It would be pretty awesome if we could trade away one of our seconds for a couple thirds at least. End up with Morrison, Boldin and a 3rd round choice that we could spend on a guy like Nate Allen, Darrell Stuckey, Linval Joseph or that monster lifter Petrus. In a scenario that seems totally plausible we'd get 2 of the better and proven players in the NFL at their respective positions as well as a draft choice that fills an extreme need.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    What happens to people like Al Davis that makes them the way they are? He wreaks of evil in this pic! SCARY!!
    Drugs
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast