Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: moving forward without gonzo

Default moving forward without gonzo

i dont feel like we even want to think of life without gonzo even though hes been gone for a year now. last year we just plugged ryan and pope in not expecting them to come close to filling in the hole that was left. i think we must addres that this draft. thers some good te in this draft class id live to see dickerson in the red and gold. theres no chance anyone will fillthe hole left by gonzo but we can still get a big time threat for the te position what yall think

Cottams play right before he got hurt was something to be excited about for the TE spot. But we do need some help there. I would love to see us draft a TE and hope that we can get a pair of TEs that would fill the spot Gonzo left.

Arrow

Pioli has already stated they will be looking for a TE.

I think we shouldn't be looking for a tight end right now. We don't need that kind of tight end right now. We need a blocker. Tony was the type of guy to get the ball thrown to him 5-6 times a game.

There isn't that many tight ends out there with skills like that. We have Cottam and Pope. Keep those guys. They are decent.

Just don't have slack off wide receivers.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I think we shouldn't be looking for a tight end right now. We don't need that kind of tight end right now. We need a blocker. Tony was the type of guy to get the ball thrown to him 5-6 times a game.

There isn't that many tight ends out there with skills like that. We have Cottam and Pope. Keep those guys. They are decent.

Just don't have slack off wide receivers.

Agreed !

i would be extremely happy with taking a chance on Anthony Davis, the TE from USC...right now he is projected somewhere in the 4th round. I think that is great value for a player of his caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by jacko58 View Post
    i dont feel like we even want to think of life without gonzo even though hes been gone for a year now. last year we just plugged ryan and pope in not expecting them to come close to filling in the hole that was left. i think we must addres that this draft. thers some good te in this draft class id live to see dickerson in the red and gold. theres no chance anyone will fillthe hole left by gonzo but we can still get a big time threat for the te position what yall think
    Well TG whas such a great player so yeah, as you say the whole will never be completely filled but we can try.

I would love to see a good blocking TE. Someone like Jason Dunn used to be back in the day. That would really improve our running game alot.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I would love to see a good blocking TE. Someone like Jason Dunn used to be back in the day. That would really improve our running game alot.
    Rep.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Cottams play right before he got hurt was something to be excited about for the TE spot. But we do need some help there. I would love to see us draft a TE and hope that we can get a pair of TEs that would fill the spot Gonzo left.

ehh...cottam allowed like 6 sacks from his position...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast