Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs going after chester Taylor ?

Default Chiefs going after chester Taylor ?

I was reading over at Arrowheadpride that the Chiefs are targeting Chester Taylor and Nate burrleson . Any thoughts ?

It would be nice to have two running backs that can catch out of the backfield. As long as he doesn't ask too much, there is no reason why we shouldn't bring him in.

Resident Celebrity

I would not mind getting Taylor he would go along real good with Charles.

Chester Taylor is roughly the same size as J. Charles. I like his experience he is a good blocker and pass catcher, but it still doesnt fix our need for a short yardage guy.

And I love the Chiefs but why would he leave a team that almost won the NFC to be a number 2 back for us-Unless we we're throwing money at him.

He's a good back I just dont see it

Chester Taylor would be great! Although I'd love Thomas Jones a little more. Either would be great. Burleson would be an upgrade, but is more a 3rd WR than he is a solution to our problems.

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    id rather draft a rookie in rounds 5-7, even undrafted. Just based on money alone, he will command more than what he is worth. A solid player, but what he brings to the table i think we can find in the draft with more youth, potential, and longevity.

we should probably still draft a big back if we did pick him up because chester taylor still wouldnt be the future backup for charles...but i disagree...you may find a back with talented running skills but i dont think a rookie back will have the passing game skills that taylor has...blocking, route running, hands, etc.

Both would be ok with me!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Obviously we need someone in the back field and Taylor would be good, Jones would be MUCH better. I have to say though, it doesn't do JACK to sign anyone at that position if the O line is not dramatically improved!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Obviously we need someone in the back field and Taylor would be good, Jones would be MUCH better. I have to say though, it doesn't do JACK to sign anyone at that position if the O line is not dramatically improved!
    What do you call the end of last year? I don't remember the numbers exactly but it was something like 23 sacks given up in the first 8 games, and 10 in the last 8. For an offensive line that had their offense taken away two weeks before the season, I think they performed pretty damn well, and the last 8 games showed what this line is capable of. Great offensive lines are built off of guys being familiar with each other and always on the same page so that assignments aren't missed. I'm not saying we shouldn't draft any linemen, it's definitely not our #1 priority though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast