Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chiefs going after chester Taylor ?

Default Chiefs going after chester Taylor ?

I was reading over at Arrowheadpride that the Chiefs are targeting Chester Taylor and Nate burrleson . Any thoughts ?

OHHHHH I could not disagree more!!!! The O line should be THE #1 PRIORITY!! Especially at left guard and tackle! 8 games in the last 3 years does not give me confidence in something that has been the ultimate demise of this team for years! I agree that continuity is key but the left side of this line is horrid!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    OHHHHH I could not disagree more!!!! The O line should be THE #1 PRIORITY!! Especially at left guard and tackle! 8 games in the last 3 years does not give me confidence in something that has been the ultimate demise of this team for years! I agree that continuity is key but the left side of this line is horrid!
    So Brian Waters and Branden Albert are our top candidates to replace then? What are you talking about?

Did you watch Brian Waters last year??? Look I am a Waters fan especially for what he does off the field but his game has gone downhill as far as I'm concerned. He's 33 yrs old and has been around for 11 or 12 years. He's lost a few steps IMO. As far as Albert goes...not impressed after one year. Ya I know it's only one year but there are reports that the Chiefs will go after a left tackle in the draft so they can move Albert to the right side of the line. Good decision IMO. I heard 3 NFL scouts on NFL Network talking about this very thing last week.

I love Brian Waters and what he's done for KC, but he had a very bad season last year and was also whistled for 8 penalties. Hillbilly is correct. Wade Smith was actually much more effective at RG than Waters was at LG.

All I'm saying is that the offensive line that showed tremendous improvement in the last 8 games of the season is not the top priority, especially on a team that easily led the league in dropped passes and continued to give up HUGE plays on defense.

Cassell was sacked over 40 times, threw for less than 6 yds a pass, threw 16 INT's and had an under 70 passer rating. I think those are pretty good indicators that the O line is a priority!! Chambers, if resigned will get a ton of catches thereby lowering the dropped ball ratio IMO. Yes, I absolutely agree that the defense needs major improvement but this O line has been the #1 reason this team has been so bad for so many years lately. The O line is the core of a football team. How were the Chiefs when we had the best O line in football?

Looks like Chester Taylor is off the board anyway. NFL network at about 1:00 central recieved a statement from the chicago sun tribune that Taylor has agreed on a contract with the bears of like 15 million 7 guaranteed . something like that !

The one reason we did better in the *** end of the season was due to a zone blocking scheme which allowed Jamal charles to get some major yards , thus opening up the pass due to the huge threat of the big run plays . I say we shore up the line though, Hillbilly is right , Waters is losing his game and we need to fix that side of the line and move Albert to the right side.

Taylor deal done.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123