Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Come on Scott pick up the phone!!

Default Come on Scott pick up the phone!!

Dear Mr Pioli

Pick up the phone and get the players you are after. That is if you are a man of your word. "We will be active in free agency". It does'nt sit well with me that you sit there and always say stuff like....we was interested in him....bla bla bla.
    Get your guys. Now!

Sign Jamal Williams

Thomas Jones to visit KC on monday! :)

someone else should sign him Sunday then

The reason there is an uncapped year is becasue the owners are asking for the players to give a percentage of wha the owners make because the current model is not working.

If the Chiefs go out and spend the bank because it is an uncapped year... That contradicts everything the owners are arguing that caused the uncapped year.

I don't see the chiefs being to active in FA specially with high dollar players.

Quote Originally Posted by wichitaj View Post
    An uncapped year also means, and i hate to bring it up, but it also mean no minimum salary floor either.
    Which is exactly what some teams will take advantage of. Some owners will clean house and pocket as much money as possible for a few years!! Just hope the Chiefs are not one of those teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Which is exactly what some teams will take advantage of. Some owners will clean house and pocket as much money as possible for a few years!! Just hope the Chiefs are not one of those teams.
    I hope that we don't do that either but I also don't want us to go spend money like crazy. The teams that do that are going to pay the price. Simply because when they do reach a now CBA there is going to be a salary cap. They are going to pay the price then. So I think you need to spend wisely just like you would need to if there was a cap.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I hope that we don't do that either but I also don't want us to go spend money like crazy. The teams that do that are going to pay the price. Simply because when they do reach a now CBA there is going to be a salary cap. They are going to pay the price then. So I think you need to spend wisely just like you would need to if there was a cap.
    Agreed! Middle of the road would be my perfect scenario.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12