Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Come on Scott pick up the phone!!

Default Come on Scott pick up the phone!!

Dear Mr Pioli

Pick up the phone and get the players you are after. That is if you are a man of your word. "We will be active in free agency". It does'nt sit well with me that you sit there and always say stuff like....we was interested in him....bla bla bla.
    Get your guys. Now!

Sign Jamal Williams

Yeah I haven't heard any news on KC doing anything or talking to anyone in free agency and i've been looking everywhere.

Williams will most likely end up back in SD though.

This is not the time that Pioli is active.. He mostly signs guys in the 2nd wave. Not big names but guys who fly under the radar. We will see some action probley not a lot.

When did he say they will be active in FA. I am pretty sure I heard him say, not to expect much with FA because of the uncapped year.

I am sure he is staying out of the uncapped bidding wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    When did he say they will be active in FA. I am pretty sure I heard him say, not to expect much with FA because of the uncapped year.

I am sure he is staying out of the uncapped bidding wars.
    He said they would be active. But then he went on to say just because your dont sign many people does not mean that you were not active. I think he was useing double talk to say we wont see that much, but hopefuly we see some movement.

I have read blurbs here and there that say he is activly persueing Chambers and I'm sure that he is in contact with other agents, but he is not going to tell the world.
    Dansby has said he will visit every team that has contacted him. From what I'm hearing he is after 9 mil a year. If he is going to visit every team that means no one is willing to pay him that amount.

We got money and I would love to use some of it on Darren Sharper.

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    We got money and I would love to use some of it on Darren Sharper.
    We'd have to overpay him a lot to get him to come to our team. Darren's an older guy and would most likely want to go to or stay on a team that's a contender. If we were to get him we'd have to pay him a ton, because not only would we be competing with other teams that are SB contenders, but we'd also have to be competing with the Saints (the team that he'll almost certainly re-sign with in my opinion.) The Chiefs signing Darren Sharper is very highly improbable.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    We'd have to overpay him a lot to get him to come to our team. Darren's an older guy and would most likely want to go to or stay on a team that's a contender. If we were to get him we'd have to pay him a ton, because not only would we be competing with other teams that are SB contenders, but we'd also have to be competing with the Saints (the team that he'll almost certainly re-sign with in my opinion.) The Chiefs signing Darren Sharper is very highly improbable.
    I agree. You're post is spot on, but it'd be nice.

An uncapped year also means, and i hate to bring it up, but it also mean no minimum salary floor either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast