Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Pursuing Boldin

Default Chiefs Pursuing Boldin

This is the first news I have heard of the Chiefs going after anyone, and I gotta say I like the guy they have chosen to go after. Granted, we're not the frontrunners, but anything can happen I suppose.

From Rotoworld.com:

The National Football Post's Aaron Wilson reports the Patriots are the front-runners to land Anquan Boldin.
    The Ravens and Chiefs are also pursuing Boldin, so the Pats have competition. Say this for New England: they know a good value when they see one. At the cost of a third-rounder, Boldin is a no-brainer. His next team has him under contract cheaply for the 2010 season with a year to work out a contract. If no deal can be reached, the cost was still just a third-rounder for one season of a possible difference-maker.

i will take Boldin for a 3rd rounder, but i just don't see it happening.

I would take him for our late 2nd round pick. Are you telling me he's not worth it?
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

I'd much prefer to do it for our 3rd rounder. We hold a higher pick than they do in every round, so the ball should be in our court.

Well actually it's in Boldin's, because he is going into the last year of his contract and no team is going to agree to trade for him without a long term deal already in place. Is there any way he would pick us over Baltimore or New England?

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I'd much prefer to do it for our 3rd rounder. We hold a higher pick than they do in every round, so the ball should be in our court.

Well actually it's in Boldin's, because he is going into the last year of his contract and no team is going to agree to trade for him without a long term deal already in place. Is there any way he would pick us over Baltimore or New England?
    I doubt they leave it up to him. I'm sure Arizona, knowing it has 3 takers, will try to get another team to give something "extra", be it a late pick this year or next year.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    I would take him for our late 2nd round pick. Are you telling me he's not worth it?
    If they can't agree to a long term contract as part of the trade then absolutely! While Boldin is a great player why on earth would you give away a draft pick for just one year of production?

I get that there's the possibility but do you think the guy is going to stick around if he thinks we're a few years off from a super bowl run?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I doubt they leave it up to him, I'm sure Arizona, knowing it has 3 takers, will try to get another team to give something "extra", be it a late pick this year or next year.
    Again though.. Boldin has just 1 year on his contract remaining. I don't see anybody giving the Cardinals a 2nd or 3rd round pick for 1 year of Anquan Boldin. They're going to want to get an agreement with Boldin for a long-term extension before making the trade. This is why I don't think we have a great chance. He can simply say to the Chiefs, "I'm not going to sign an extension if you trade for me" and they're immediately out.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Again though.. Boldin has just 1 year on his contract remaining. I don't see anybody giving the Cardinals a 2nd or 3rd round pick for 1 year of Anquan Boldin. They're going to want to get an agreement with Boldin for a long-term extension before making the trade. This is why I don't think we have a great chance. He can simply say to the Chiefs, "I'm not going to sign an extension if you trade for me" and they're immediately out.
    Gotcha...didn't pick that up from your earlier post. Makes sense though.

I would love to get him for the 3rd round pick. i dont think the cards will go for that though. But I would not be to upset if we did have to give the 2nd for him. We do have an extra 2nd round pick so it would just be like any other year 1 pick in the 2nd so I dont think that it would be that big of a loss for us.

The Patriots are reportedly pulling out! It looks like it's going to comedown to us or the Ravens.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast