Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What if God wants us to play a 4-3...

Default What if God wants us to play a 4-3...

1. Rams-Bradford
    2. Lions-Okung
    3. Buccaneers-McCoy/Berry
    4. Redskins-Berry/McCoy/Clausen
    5. CHIEFS-Suh

This scenario isn't completely out of the realm of possibility. The Rams and Skins need a QB. The Lions just traded for DT Corey Williams, so they could take a LT to protect last year's #1 overall pick, Stafford. For whatever reason, McCoy is rumored to be ranked higher on some teams draft boards. I've read rumors that BOTH the Rams and Bucs like McCoy better than Suh, while the Lions like Suh better.

If a perfect storm brews and somehow Suh falls to the Chiefs at #5 the way Glenn Dorsey did a couple years ago... then what? The Chiefs still have Hali to come off the end as a speed rusher. Hali is becoming one of the best pass rushers in the AFC and is expected to have a big year... but, that could be because he's better suited as a 3-4 rusher. The only problem would be that the Chiefs don't have anyone opposite Hali and Jackson would be practically useless (theoretically.) Plus, you can't build a 4-3 thru free agency on a "chance" that Suh might fall to you.

If I'm the Chiefs and Scott Pioli with Romeo Crennel as my DC, I draft Suh and trade him later if I can't find a way to trade down in 15 minutes. Suh represents WAY too much value at #5 to pass on him. ESPECIALLY since there's no OBVIOUS decision to be made with any other player at that spot. Some would say Berry would be the obvious pick at #5. But now, there a rumors flying around that Earl Thomas could be just as good or better at the Safety position. If that's true... or even REMOTELY true, Berry isn't worth the #5 pick overall. Earl Thomas wasn't even CLOSE to looking like an "Ed Reed" this year, which is the comparison often drawn to Berry. There are also some who think Berry could be an NFL CB. I just don't think Berry would represent the best value at #5 is Suh AND Berry were sitting there... But Pioli has proven he cares very little about value when making his picks.

Anyway, I take Suh at #5 and make Tennesse my target trading partner at #16. They run a 4-3 and would LOVE Suh to try and replace the presence of Haynesworth. You have to think Tennessee will probably be about as good or a little better than they were in 2009. Their point value at #16 is 860. The Chiefs' pick is worth 1650 points. I think a simple trade for Tennessee's 1st this year and 1st next year would work just fine. Tennessee already lost their 2nd rounder to NE this year, so they can't do it with picks from this year's draft.

This is exactly the kind of trade Pioli would pull off, seemed year in and year out with New England. Bottom line, if Suh is on the board when your team is picking, you take him and figure out what to do with him later. Still... a 4-3 D-Line of Hali, Dorsey, and Suh making up 3/4 of the line would be NASTY!! If God TRULY wants us to play a 4-3, you gotta believe that Sergio Kindle will be there when we pick in the 2nd. However, with the Lions, Rams, Bucs, and Redskins ALL playing 4-3 defenses in front of us, I highly doubt a speed rusher of his caliber would still be there... never know though. Hali, Dorsey, Suh, Kindle... good lord!!

I'm just sayin...

i think McCoy would be the one to slide to us if anything. I can definitely see Lions taking Okung since they are now going up against Jared Allen, and Julius Peppers twice each per season lol. Not to mention GB and their pretty good defense. Plus they need to protect no.1 overall pick Matthew..... PLUS they have already added two new signing via free agency to their DL....i think they really like their young guy, Johnny Lee Hill or something and the new signing Corey Williams....apparently they think those two and also Vanden Bosch can get the job done...

Now if your the bucs, do you take your choice of D tackles in Suh/McCoy or do you take Berry? I think they go DL, which means WAS can either go DL, Berry, or QB. I think they go DT, as Shanarat tries to work his magic on the QB J.Campbell and max his value by having one of the best DL in football...This is the spot where Berry could also be taken, but i think they will take McCoy or Suh over Berry any day...

I would be upset to pass on Berry, but Pioli has shown that flashy playmakers are not his style (Aaron Curry)....i still hope he takes Berry lol....a trade certainly isn't out of the question if one of the two DT's, or QB's falls to us..
    Last edited by KottkeKU; 03-06-2010 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    1. Rams-Bradford
    2. Lions-Okung
    5. CHIEFS-Suh

This scenario isn't completely out of the realm of possibility. The Rams and Skins need a QB. The Lions just traded for DT Corey Williams, so they could take a LT to protect last year's #1 overall pick, Stafford. For whatever reason, McCoy is rumored to be ranked higher on some teams draft boards. I've read rumors that BOTH the Rams and Bucs like McCoy better than Suh, while the Lions like Suh better.

If a perfect storm brews and somehow Suh falls to the Chiefs at #5 the way Glenn Dorsey did a couple years ago... then what? The Chiefs still have Hali to come off the end as a speed rusher. Hali is becoming one of the best pass rushers in the AFC and is expected to have a big year... but, that could be because he's better suited as a 3-4 rusher. The only problem would be that the Chiefs don't have anyone opposite Hali and Jackson would be practically useless (theoretically.) Plus, you can't build a 4-3 thru free agency on a "chance" that Suh might fall to you.

If I'm the Chiefs and Scott Pioli with Romeo Crennel as my DC, I draft Suh and trade him later if I can't find a way to trade down in 15 minutes. Suh represents WAY too much value at #5 to pass on him. ESPECIALLY since there's no OBVIOUS decision to be made with any other player at that spot. Some would say Berry would be the obvious pick at #5. But now, there a rumors flying around that Earl Thomas could be just as good or better at the Safety position. If that's true... or even REMOTELY true, Berry isn't worth the #5 pick overall. Earl Thomas wasn't even CLOSE to looking like an "Ed Reed" this year, which is the comparison often drawn to Berry. There are also some who think Berry could be an NFL CB. I just don't think Berry would represent the best value at #5 is Suh AND Berry were sitting there... But Pioli has proven he cares very little about value when making his picks.

Anyway, I take Suh at #5 and make Tennesse my target trading partner at #16. They run a 4-3 and would LOVE Suh to try and replace the presence of Haynesworth. You have to think Tennessee will probably be about as good or a little better than they were in 2009. Their point value at #16 is 860. The Chiefs' pick is worth 1650 points. I think a simple trade for Tennessee's 1st this year and 1st next year would work just fine. Tennessee already lost their 2nd rounder to NE this year, so they can't do it with picks from this year's draft.

This is exactly the kind of trade Pioli would pull off, seemed year in and year out with New England. Bottom line, if Suh is on the board when your team is picking, you take him and figure out what to do with him later. Still... a 4-3 D-Line of Hali, Dorsey, and Suh making up 3/4 of the line would be NASTY!! If God TRULY wants us to play a 4-3, you gotta believe that Sergio Kindle will be there when we pick in the 2nd. However, with the Lions, Rams, Bucs, and Redskins ALL playing 4-3 defenses in front of us, I highly doubt a speed rusher of his caliber would still be there... never know though. Hali, Dorsey, Suh, Kindle... good lord!!

I'm just sayin...
    If only that Suh could land up as a pick for us, the phone lines will be melting, and it better be down to the bare wires then we take him, or get lots of value to trade out of that pick!!!! Suh will be star. He will be a game changer. He will have the difficulties all rookies have, transitioning to the NFL, but he will do it, I believe!

I really what to have and root for a man, named Suh, with a arrowhead on a red helmet.

Ya for real, lets leave the big guy up stairs out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    1. Rams-Bradford
    2. Lions-Okung
    5. CHIEFS-Suh

This scenario isn't completely out of the realm of possibility. ...

I'll have what your drinkin'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12