Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pioli knows best

Default Pioli knows best

So who did we get???

Peppers? Signed with the Bears making more than Stafford

Chester Taylor? Signed with the Bears to be their starter

Dunta Robinson? Signed with the Falcons and now making bank.

Boldin? Traded to the Ravensfor a 3rd and 4th round picks.

Dansby? Signed with the Dolphins to a big contract even though he's never made a ProBowl.

Antrel Rolle? Giants as the highest paid Safety in the league.

Why didn't we get these guys? They were all overpaid. minus Chester Taylor. Rolle couldn't make it as a CB and became a CB but he shouldn't be paid top safety $. Chester Taylor is turning 31 and I thought he could have been a great COMPLIMENTARY back. How many RB's are extremely successful after 30? The Bears paid out as much as we have on payroll to 3 players and that shows me they are overpaying players. The thing about Chicago is that they didn't accomplish anything on offense to help themselves. They still can't block long enough and need receivers to catch the ball in Martz's offense. We were the other team fighting for Boldin but they wanted more than KC was willing to give. I'm just saying, yes I wanted Boldin and maybe some of those others, but not enough to pay them more than they deserve. Pioli is not going to overpay some role payer or someone who is not a difference maker. Since we are so much under the cap, I'm sure that a big contract will be given to someone who is worth it. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Mr pesamistic here.... looking for 4-6 wins and 3rd in the division. Still think we are a year or two away from competing for the division title but I agree on building through the draft. I would like to see a couple moves made in FA but definitely not overspending on guys especially with no cap.
    I will go the other way and look for 19-0 and a superbowl win then.

I do agree about the couple of moves and not overspending. The teams that do overspend are going to pay the price we will be better going forward for not overspending.

I like what's being said......
    I do understand why Chicago is being aggressive because of the Cutler trade leaving them with no 1st or 2nd round picks, but if I were GM in Chicago I'm getting some young OL. They have been very old across that line for years and have not fixed this. Maybe they will draft some OL but as nice as it looks to get Peppers and Chester Taylor, I feel they just took a page out of the Redskins book this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by NWA Chief View Post
    I like what's being said......
    I do understand why Chicago is being aggressive because of the Cutler trade leaving them with no 1st or 2nd round picks, but if I were GM in Chicago I'm getting some young OL. They have been very old across that line for years and have not fixed this. Maybe they will draft some OL but as nice as it looks to get Peppers and Chester Taylor, I feel they just took a page out of the Redskins book this offseason.
    Word

same old chiefs,all these players that we need are going elsewhere.im sick and tired of this organization already...waiting and waiting is getting real old with this team.im not getting any younger and i just don't know if i can continue to be letdown again and again........damn cheap spoiled brats running this team we will never go anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by kcnation View Post
    same old chiefs,all these players that we need are going elsewhere.im sick and tired of this organization already...waiting and waiting is getting real old with this team.im not getting any younger and i just don't know if i can continue to be letdown again and again........damn cheap spoiled brats running this team we will never go anywhere
    bye
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

wow,all you do is want to start trouble with me,do really agree on how they are running this team the past decade

wow,all you do is want to start trouble with me,do really agree on how they are running this team the past decade
    Not enough to say that I am done with the team. If thats the way you feel then don;t let the door hit u in the as$ on the way out. You have done nothing but b!tch and complain about anything and everything and I happen to disagree with a lot if it. I have not read one post where you say anything that has any sort of validity to it so if it seems like Im "starting trouble" with you, maybe u should try posting something worth talking about.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Well, honestly, you make a big tantrum post about how much we suck and will suck, and slam your fists on the ground about leaving because of the spoiled brats running things, and you're surprised someone would simply tell you goodbye?

Honestly- what is with all the panic? 2 frickin days into free agency, and some poeple are acting like a bunch of frantic arse clowns.

Big name guys demand big name money, but it's a crap shoot as to whether they will perform as expected.
    Say we get Julius Peppers, and he whips out a Kendrell Bell season for us.

Then Pioli is an idiot, death to Haley, blah blah blah...

And no I don't, but you are pissing and moaning that they arent blowing their wad on free agents like they have for the past decade so it seems to me that you are quite pleased with how the last 10 years have gone.

If you want to give up now go ahead do it. If you think back there was a time when we were the active team in FA. When CP was in charge there were years and years we tried to just fill holes. It got us 0 superbowls. This way will take longer but it has a much more proven track record. Good things come to those who wait.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast