Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pioli knows best

Default Pioli knows best

So who did we get???

Peppers? Signed with the Bears making more than Stafford

Chester Taylor? Signed with the Bears to be their starter

Dunta Robinson? Signed with the Falcons and now making bank.

Boldin? Traded to the Ravensfor a 3rd and 4th round picks.

Dansby? Signed with the Dolphins to a big contract even though he's never made a ProBowl.

Antrel Rolle? Giants as the highest paid Safety in the league.

Why didn't we get these guys? They were all overpaid. minus Chester Taylor. Rolle couldn't make it as a CB and became a CB but he shouldn't be paid top safety $. Chester Taylor is turning 31 and I thought he could have been a great COMPLIMENTARY back. How many RB's are extremely successful after 30? The Bears paid out as much as we have on payroll to 3 players and that shows me they are overpaying players. The thing about Chicago is that they didn't accomplish anything on offense to help themselves. They still can't block long enough and need receivers to catch the ball in Martz's offense. We were the other team fighting for Boldin but they wanted more than KC was willing to give. I'm just saying, yes I wanted Boldin and maybe some of those others, but not enough to pay them more than they deserve. Pioli is not going to overpay some role payer or someone who is not a difference maker. Since we are so much under the cap, I'm sure that a big contract will be given to someone who is worth it. What do you guys think?

i think your right. Pioli is smart with his money, he is not going to shell out that kind of cash to a player who he doesn't think will work for it. Much less deserve it. Everybody in FA is overpaid, thats why you don't want to build a team that way. I think Pioli will sign maybe 2 new starters (im thinking LB is a good posibility, and maybe WR or OL) and draft another 2-3 if we are lucky. (NT, S, LB, OL, WR, are all places we can improve in the draft)..most of our FA signings will be for depth and minor upgrades, you build your core through the draft...

I really can't complain about anything Pioli has done since his tenure here. I think he has done a really good job so far. He got himself his QB right off the bat, and this year the coaching staff is in place. Now its just a matter of filling in the right players. But that can take a while obviously lol....his draft last year wasn't all that impressive, thats the only thing i guess i can complain about. Other than Tyson Jackson, and Ryan Succop, none of our other picks look very promising. (i guess we did get Vrabel and Cassel as well, so you gotta figure that in...)...im hoping we can get 3-4 good players in this draft. It would really help.
    Last edited by KottkeKU; 03-06-2010 at 02:53 PM.

NWA,

As long as we draft guys like tyson jackson we dont need any pro bowl FA. (Being sarcastic) We need to be active in FA. I can live with overpaying a FA and having him flop then DOING NOTHING AT ALL. Pioli has done nothing but bad moves since hes been general manager. Bout time King carl comes back

Please tell me ur joking Pioli AkA $hithead?
    Lets make Antrel Rolle the highest paid Safety and then him do absolutely nothing? No thanks, Pioli was brought in when KC had absolutely no leadership, he brought in a guy he was familiar with as a QB since we tried Croyle and that didn't work, he brought in Vrabel as a leader in the locker room as well as a guy that can help us in the 3-4. Nobody said we were going 13-3 next year but if we do the right things in the draft as well as find people that can play a role our team in the FA, then he has done his job. Understand that Pioli has a method, that has been proven as he and his asisstant coaches have multiple superbowl rings. I hate to say this but King Carl has none in KC. Patience big dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Pioli AkA View Post
    NWA,

As long as we draft guys like tyson jackson we dont need any pro bowl FA. (Being sarcastic) We need to be active in FA. I can live with overpaying a FA and having him flop then DOING NOTHING AT ALL. Pioli has done nothing but bad moves since hes been general manager. Bout time King carl comes back
    Seriously.. That name.. What are you 10?

We need to spend on FA to make changes with our team. If that means overspending fine, good players ARENT GOING TO COME CHEAP. And were not going to be making strides having crappy drafts, especially if we take baluga this year.

We need to spend on FA to make changes with our team. If that means overspending fine, good players ARENT GOING TO COME CHEAP. And were not going to be making strides having crappy drafts, especially if we take baluga this year.
    Troll...

Steve Bono and Terrence Copper, seriously?

NWA,

UMMM NO

I see that you miss the point that if you don't get your interior fixed, you can't win games. Just because the picks aren't sexy doesn't mean they don't have value....Oh and I am not a guy who wants to move Albert to Guard. I just know that you can't play without good lineman.

Quote Originally Posted by NWA Chief View Post
    I see that you miss the point that if you don't get your interior fixed, you can't win games. Just because the picks aren't sexy doesn't mean they don't have value....Oh and I am not a guy who wants to move Albert to Guard. I just know that you can't play without good lineman.
    At the time he was drafted Tom Brady was not even a sexy pick. He was thought of as a backup at best. How did that work out. Its far to early to panic but By looking at the name I think this guy is just a troll.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast