Thread: The Draft...my humble conclusion!

Default The Draft...my humble conclusion!

I've never followed the Draft, nor NCAA football...but, I decided as a Chiefs fan of 40+ yrs., I was long overdue and needed to educate myself on the Draft. This became more apparent as a member of Chiefs Crowd...since I was unable to participate intelligently in the overwhelming number of Draft discussions that began following Super Bowl.

I read & studied, read & studied...so much so I overwhelmed and confused myself, lol. Then I thought, well...possibly it wasn't me confusing myself after all, rather the Draft and individual opinons, polls, etc....simply can be confusing.

Exhausted in my efforts to educate myself I have come to the following conclusion: "In Pioli I Trust"!!!

It makes no difference to me who the Chiefs draft, I really don't care, and even if I did, it's not gonna matter to Pioli one bit, lol. I'm simply gonna trust Pioli and our coaching staff to make the best choices possible for their plan to reach our mutual goal:

KC Chiefs Super Bowl Champions!!!!
    ~The Lombardi~...coming soon to 1 Arrowhead Drive! Home of the Chiefs!!!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Yeah. I do a certain amount of reading on specific player names. But, for the most part, the current Chiefs team and the positions hat they need are my basis for what I would prefer to see addressed in the draft.

No matter how highly rated a player is, there are always a few who will tell you that he is garbage. And there are always going to be those that were rated as "the best since <HOFer>" who wind up being nothing in The NFL.

So, if I haven't been able to watch much of a player, then I will accept a "general consensus" on how that player ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Yeah. I do a certain amount of reading on specific player names. But, for the most part, the current Chiefs team and the positions hat they need are my basis for what I would prefer to see addressed in the draft.

No matter how highly rated a player is, there are always a few who will tell you that he is garbage. And there are always going to be those that were rated as "the best since <HOFer>" who wind up being nothing in The NFL.

So, if I haven't been able to watch much of a player, then I will accept a "general consensus" on how that player ranks.

...And some of our draft picks have been rank in deed.

i think you should care who they draft. We don't need a Ryan Leaf on our team.

We already had our Ryan Sims.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    i think you should care who they draft. We don't need a Ryan Leaf on our team.

We already had our Ryan Sims.
    I can understand the entertainment value as a fan following the draft with being able to participate in discussions among other fans, make predictions, etc..

However, realistically my opinion doesn't matter, no one with authority will care about my opinion. When it's all said & done we end up with who we end up with, regardless of my caring or not, no?

I have no choice but to trust in Pioli, and others...to make draft decisions based upon their extensive knowledge & experience. I assume they have much more inside information about a particular draftee than I do, including possible personal or health issues the fans may not be aware of, that could affect a draftee's future potential.

There are so many factors to consider beyond the obvious as to why a team may or may not consider & choose a particular draftee, including forethought with possible trade value in the future. Of course restrictions on budgets, salary caps are additional factors.

It appears to me the draft is a complex gamble based upon the experience, inside knowledge, scouting talent & gut instincts of those in power participating with the decision of whom to draft.

The bottom line is realistically I have but one option as a fan: "In Pioli I Trust".

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Ya trust in pioli while he makes draft picks like tyson jackson. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pioli AkA View Post
    Jackson being picked is not a sure bad thing yet. You no in a players 3rd year if he was a bad pick or not. Give it time. Its is rare that a player makes a big impact in his rookie season. You have to learn to be patient and not to hit the panic button so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Pioli AkA View Post
    What other option is there realistically? Why elevate blood pressure over something I, nor you have any control over? It is what it is.

Dude Tyson Jackson is a baller, the only reason you don't like him is because he doesn't sack the QB when we took him no.3 overall. Its the position he plays that makes him so valuable and worth that high of a pick, not his overall talent/stats. You just don't find prototypical 3-4 DE's very easily, and thats exactly what Pioli thinks of him, or else he wouldn't have drafted him in the first place. If he is 75-80% of Richard Seymour, then he will be extremely vital to our defense, and team. It really doesn't matter what you, or anyone thinks bc Pioli obviously thinks Jackson was worth no.3 overall, and he has been drafting players (for real) a lot longer than anyone you know has.

Richard Seymour had only 6 more tackles and 3 more sacks in his rookie year than Tyson Jackson did in his rookie year. And the Pats went on to win the superbowl that year. Was seymour worth #6 overall?! Yep. Be patient with this guy, Jackson will be very good.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter