Thread: What F/A OL should we target?

Default What F/A OL should we target?

We need help on the OL and these are the players I'd look at if I were Scott Pioli. What players would you guys target?

Rex Hadnot
    - Very versatile player. Rex has started several positions on the line and would be a solid player to have on our roster. Plus he has 6 years experience in the league so he could help teach our younger players a thing or two.

Levi Jones- I don't know how much money he'd be asking for, so I'd tread softly in negotiations with him if I was interested in signing him. If I were Pioli, Levi would be someone I'd look at if I had little intentions of going OL at number 5.

Wade Smith- He has experience with the team and has served us well.

Langston Walker- Solid player, who could start for us at RT. An experienced player as well and someone the young guys could learn from.

Billy Yates- The Patriots connection is there, so that should peak Pioli's interests. Billy is a solid player with good character. I wouldn't mind this signing what so ever.

Wade Smith for sure. I hope we can get him back.

i really don't want any of those players to be honest. Wade Smith maybe, just bc he was a nice backup here last year and filled in well. But i don't think he is anything worth overspending for. I would rather draft 2 OL via the draft, one in the first three rounds to come in and start. Or i wouldn't mind trading away one of our 3rd or 4th rounders for a solid OT.....
    Last edited by KottkeKU; 03-07-2010 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    i really don't want any of those players to be honest. Wade Smith maybe, just bc he was a nice backup here last year and filled in well. But i don't think he is anything worth overspending for. I would rather draft 2 OL via the draft, one in the first three rounds to come in and start. Or i wouldn't mind trading away one of our 3rd or 4th rounders for a solid OT.....
    Even if we drafted 2 OL in the draft, that would still only leave us with 7 OL under contract. We need some depth and all of our needs can't be addressed via the draft (we just don't have enough draft picks to address all of our many needs). You mentioned spending, but none of the players I mentioned would've really broke the bank. Besides we still have plenty of money left to spend. We can afford to play around a little bit.

I hope we at least sign wade and hopefully go after hadnot.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter