Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dan Williams vs. Eric Berry - Pioli's Shoes -

Default Dan Williams vs. Eric Berry - Pioli's Shoes -

N.Suh, R.Okung, G.McCoy and best QB are all off the board....

It is looking more and more likely we will have a very similar situation in the 2010 draft as last year taking Tyson Jackson (a 10-16 overall projection) over one of the top defensive playmakers in the draft (Aaron Curry, a top 3 overall projection)

Dan Williams. - 6ft2, 325 pound 3-4 Nose Tackle. Best NT prospect in the draft, without a question (same thing as T.Jackson for best 3-4 DE in the 2009 draft)....he is being projected anywhere from 10-20 in most mocks right now.

Eric Berry - the big name, sexy pick. Flashy, Freak like combine numbers, size, speed, great interviews. He has it all. He has the hype too. He is being compared to Ed Reed. He is being projected anywhere from 2-8 in most mocks.

Who would you pick between the two? And who would Pioli pick between the two lol ?

I would not be the least bit surprised (or dissapointed for that matter) to see Pioli reach again for a hard to find, young, talented NT. We are already seeing teams re-signing theirs (Wilfork, C.Hampton with PIT, A.Franklin of SF, etc.) so it is obvious that position is very coveted and hard to come by. Pioli has proved in the past he doesn't care about hype, and he also values position over ability.

I would personally go Berry though (and try to get Cam Thomas with the next pick at 36 overall or whatever to ensure you get a NT). You will still be reaching for Thomas a bit, but you are already reaching for Williams so what's the difference?

My point for Berry---> He would dominate the AFC West QB's (Russel, Orton, and Rivers who is the only thing on SD thats window is not closing), along with really improving our passing defense, turnovers, and run support too. Cam Thomas may not be the BEST Nose prospect in the draft, but he is certainly one of the top 3. I just look at what Sharper did for the saints, and Polamalu for the Steelers, Reed for the Ravens, and they all create huge turnovers. Game changing plays. We need more of those!

If they go NT at 5, it will mean we have to try and strike lightning with a Safety, which is what scares me the most.

I think either way I would be happy. To have a young NT with all the potential in the world is very attractive, especially with our poor run D. This would give us one of the youngest and up and coming lines.

I am on the Berry bandwagon though, and would love to have a playmaker with his raw talent. So I choose Berry, but I'm not going to be disappointed if we go with Williams. WIN WIN!

I think the pick should be Berry, just cause he is a much more likely to become an impact player.However I'm not convinced he will still be there. If hes not either Suh or Clausen should be, if thats the case its possible to trade up a couple spots and still pick Williams (who I like better then Cody) It would seem less risky to get him later. I know we really need that position filled but don't think this draft has a top 15 pick NT.

I think an option should be taking a get by NT for this year and hope to pick a stud NT next year.

Just my two cents

Berry is our pick!

Berry over Williams at the #5 pick any day of the week.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

I dunno how i feel about this. Berry is a playmaker but everyone knows the backend of the D is only as good as the front 7. ANYONE will get burnt if the QB has enough time.

I wish we could trade 2a and a 5th to get back into the 1st and get Dan williams around 20. How nice would that be? Berry at #5 and Williams around #20.

I dunno i don't know how i feel about this cause i really like both. The issue is if we take Dan there is not another safety in the draft like berry, if we take berry there are a couple other prospects we could go for, Cam Thomas being one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    I dunno how i feel about this. Berry is a playmaker but everyone knows the backend of the D is only as good as the front 7. ANYONE will get burnt if the QB has enough time.

I wish we could trade 2a and a 5th to get back into the 1st and get Dan williams around 20. How nice would that be? Berry at #5 and Williams around #20.

I dunno i don't know how i feel about this cause i really like both. The issue is if we take Dan there is not another safety in the draft like berry, if we take berry there are a couple other prospects we could go for, Cam Thomas being one of them.

i would TOTALLY do that. I wonder if there will be any team willing to take our 2a and a 5th (maybe anohter late round pick next year too) to climb back in the 1st to get D.Williams along with Berry. That would be a great draft already lol...

Dan Williams? No way, we don't need yet ANOTHER 1st round pick on the DL.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I like Berry, McClain, Okung and Williams.
    Don't really care as long it fills a position of need.
    As far as Berry verses Williams. Even as good as everyone is projecting he will be, If we don't put a descent NT and LB in front of him and he won't be as sexy as you think.

I say we draft Eric Berry. Nice and simply, thats my decision.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast