Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Justin Fargus...

Default Justin Fargus...

Fargas will visit the Chiefs | ProFootballTalk.com

Fargus is visiting with the Chiefs now...seriously. I think he's a decent back, but could you ever get over his raider past?!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I started getting into football when Allen was in his last few years. I didnt even no he was a raider for a long while. But when I did learn I was able to forgive him for being a raider.
    I feel older than I already did, thanks!
    hahahaha j/k

Seriously, unless it was someone who harmed the Chiefs in a major disrespectful way intentionally...I don't have a problem with where they use to play. IE: had the Chiefs brought Shannon Sharpe to KC, I'd been really upset, lol.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Jones better not leave Kansas city without a contract. lol

I hope we sign Fargas instead of Jones. I may be alone, but Jones is going to cost more than he is worth. He would not be a FA if he was not beginning to decline. He would also be more likely to share the spotlight with Charles. Charles deserves to be the featured back.

Fargas is a solid RB and from the sounds of things I doubt he is any more of a Raider fan that any of us. We would probably either get a rookie FA RB or draft one in addition. Solid RBs are not hard to come by, so there is no reason to over pay one.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I hope we sign Fargas instead of Jones. I may be alone, but Jones is going to cost more than he is worth. He would not be a FA if he was not beginning to decline. He would also be more likely to share the spotlight with Charles. Charles deserves to be the featured back.

Fargas is a solid RB and from the sounds of things I doubt he is any more of a Raider fan that any of us. We would probably either get a rookie FA RB or draft one in addition. Solid RBs are not hard to come by, so there is no reason to over pay one.
    You bring up some valid points. Fargas may not be as talented as Jone per say, but he's a hell of a lot cheaper and he's slightly younger. Fargas's style meshes extremely well with Charles and he wouldn't be that bad of signing. Plus even if we do sign Jones that doesn't mean we can't also sign Fargas.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I feel older than I already did, thanks!
    hahahaha j/k

Seriously, unless it was someone who harmed the Chiefs in a major disrespectful way intentionally...I don't have a problem with where they use to play. IE: had the Chiefs brought Shannon Sharpe to KC, I'd been really upset, lol.
    Anytime I can help I will Your very Welcome.

Keeping JC healthy is a high priority of the Chiefs. This makes RB a huge priorty for the Chiefs.
    As for who they pick up depends on how much they improve the OL. JC is able to run through creases, not all RB's have that ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Yeah, easily. IE: Marcus Allen came to the Chiefs, gave 100%...I forgot all about his being a Raider.
    Great Call, I completely forgot about Marcus Allen! Maybe Fargus would be great, and he would already be accustomed to a part-time running back position.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

I would prefer Jones but would be ok with Fargus. if he passes the physical Fargus should do well especially against the faiders, could be fun...... haha

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Don't be surprised if this news is nothing more than leverage for their interview with Thomas Jones tomorrow. The timing(night before) seems to indicate that.

The conversation might go something like this: Here is the deal we can offer you. Take it or leave it. If you walk out that door without signing, someone else is waiting for this job.

Anyhow, just a thought.
    I should hope that is not the logic. If I was Thomas Jones, I would be pissed at the Chiefs for not seriously wanting his services by threatening him with plan B. Nothing tells a person that you respect them by disrespecting them. I can only see that strategy working if there is no other teams interested in Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I should hope that is not the logic. If I was Thomas Jones, I would be pissed at the Chiefs for not seriously wanting his services by threatening him with plan B. Nothing tells a person that you respect them by disrespecting them. I can only see that strategy working if there is no other teams interested in Jones.
    I tend to believe this as well. I mean now that Chester Taylor is signed, there is no question that Jones is the best free agent RB available. It'd be different if he were, say, 3rd or 4th, but he probably doesn't have any reason to put up with dilly dallying from the Chiefs.

You guys want to see what a power RB looks like?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast