Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jared Gaither on the trading block

Default Jared Gaither on the trading block

The Ravens are reportedly looking for either a 1st or 2nd round pick for him. I obviously wouldn't advocate giving up our 1st for him, but I'd be willing to part ways with our 2a for him. What do you all think?

If our first two picks landed us Jared Gaither and Eric Berry, I would be the happiest person on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    If our first two picks landed us Jared Gaither and Eric Berry, I would be the happiest person on earth.
    ...and than our 2b landed us Cam Thomas. We'd have the makings of a very, very solid team.

I like the guy a lot but this is what scares me...

From Sports item
    "Teams could be willing to give up a pick in the first or second round for Gaither because he's young (he'll turn 24 next week), experienced (already a two-year starter) and unique (a 6-foot-9, 340-pound lineman with skills). The Ravens, who could keep Gaither by matching any offer, might be willing to let him go because of his less-than-desirable work ethic and durability issues (he missed five games last season)."....

I still wouldn't mind having him though

I would be thrilled to land this prize catch. He is a mountain.

I think this would be a great pick up no doubt. If he was in ths years draft, people would sling a first or second round pick at this guy and now that he is proven he is worth even more. Fact is teams throw first round picks at failure players every year and this guy has shown he can perform at a high level in the NFL. The only reason Pioli may not decide to go after him may be there are OLinemen in the draft with projected better careers. I like the sure thing over the maybe but just my honest oppinion.
    Chiefs Nation

Quote Originally Posted by dad005 View Post
    I agree! That would be make good use of that 2a pick, where we would also be able to draft freely with our 1st rounder and take someone else, maybe a defensive playmaker a la Berry or McClain...I wouldn't be disappointed with that at all but it would surprise me if Pioli decides to go for it, as he seems committed to building through the draft
    I think Pioli is content with using Albert as our LT. So I see this trade as unlikely. I personally think we need a lot of OL help and would not be against getting Gaither(LT) with a 2nd round pick so that we can get a LB, NT or S with our 1st round pick.

Interesting to think about. We could even package our 2b pick with a 4th and 5th round selection to make this deal work. Trading away our 2a pick worries me a little because I think there are going to be a couple of really good players sitting there when we pick.

I would love to have him, and our 2a would not be a bad deal for him. I just don't see Pioli going after him.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I think Pioli is content with using Albert as our LT. So I see this trade as unlikely. I personally think we need a lot of OL help and would not be against getting Gaither(LT) with a 2nd round pick so that we can get a LB, NT or S with our 1st round pick.

Interesting to think about. We could even package our 2b pick with a 4th and 5th round selection to make this deal work. Trading away our 2a pick worries me a little because I think there are going to be a couple of really good players sitting there when we pick.
    I don't know if I feel the same way about Haley. The way he's been wording everything he says about Albert makes me believe he wants to move him to another position. Keep in mind this is a guy who normally doesn't give any more information than he needs to:

"The good thing about Branden is he's got some versatility," Haley said at the annual scouting combine. "He played a tough position. There were enough encouraging signs from Branden even though it was an up-and-down year … that he can play the toughest position there. But we'll do whatever we have to to get better. Across the board on the offensive line, we have some really versatile guys, which is a plus. Brian Waters could play at a high level at center and if in a pinch we had to play him at left tackle, he'd probably be able to hold his own."
    I was surprised to hear him say that much. But I kind of interpret that as him saying that he kind of wants to move Waters to C so Albert can play LG, which obviously means drafting or acquiring a franchise LT. That last little bit on Waters playing left tackle seems like something he said because he immediately regretted giving out as much information as he did.

The fact that he mentioned versatility more than once.. and versatility means moving guys around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12