Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jared Gaither on the trading block

Default Jared Gaither on the trading block

The Ravens are reportedly looking for either a 1st or 2nd round pick for him. I obviously wouldn't advocate giving up our 1st for him, but I'd be willing to part ways with our 2a for him. What do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    The Ravens are reportedly looking for either a 1st or 2nd round pick for him. I obviously wouldn't advocate giving up our 1st for him, but I'd be willing to part ways with our 2a for him. What do you all think?
    That's probably a little too much, especially a first. If he had a pro bowl I could understand asking that much, but he doesn't. 3rd or 4th round pick would be better.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    That's probably a little too much, especially a first. If he had a pro bowl I could understand asking that much, but he doesn't. 3rd or 4th round pick would be better.
    Do you think we could get someone better with our 2a pick at LT? I don't think we could. Jared is young and has starting experience in the NFL. In my opinion he's a pretty valuable asset to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    Do you think we could get someone better with our 2a pick at LT? I don't think we could. Jared is young and has starting experience in the NFL. In my opinion he's a pretty valuable asset to be had.
    I'm not saying we can or can't get somebody better. I just think it may be a little too much of an asking price. It may be a good idea to trade for him, but I really don't think Pioli would do it for that much.

Resident Celebrity

Id give them the second rounders the Falcons gave us for Tony G. Why are the shopping him though would be a concern.

I think you guys are severely underrating Jared Gaither. He is a top 5 left tackle in the NFL right now, and he is only 23. He is in fact elite at the 2nd most valuable position. It's absolutely ridiculous that they're shopping him, and Pioli should get on the phone right now and do whatever it takes to get him. I'd give up our 2a in a heartbeat.

Look at this. Among full-time LTs last season, he was the 3rd best in the league.

ProFootballFocus.com - By Position

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Id give them the second rounders the Falcons gave us for Tony G. Why are the shopping him though would be a concern.
    They're shopping him, because they just spent a ton of money on Michael Oher and they want to make him their franchise LT. Jared Gaither's a beast though. It's not an issue of performance why they're trading him. Gaither has starting LT experience and has performed very well in that role. He also has incredible height/size for that position. We'd be extremely lucky to land anyone with his talent/potential at our 2a. I'd be willing to give up our 2a and than some for him in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by captainamerica; 03-08-2010 at 08:22 PM.

only woulve cost us a 3rd rounder to get him in the compensatory draft or whatever its called back when he was available a few years ago as a rookie... Herm didn't take him for some reason though after the draft, and let the Ravens snatch him up. I remember lots of people wanted him once they knew he was available after the draft. Thanks Herm/Carl...

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    We wouldn't go for that cheap. The Redskins are already offering up their 2nd round pick for him which is just 1 spot higher than our 2a pick. That's why I think we should try and make the deal to snatch him up from under the Redskins. I really think we'd be lucky to get him for our 2a.

I agree! That would be make good use of that 2a pick, where we would also be able to draft freely with our 1st rounder and take someone else, maybe a defensive playmaker a la Berry or McClain...I wouldn't be disappointed with that at all but it would surprise me if Pioli decides to go for it, as he seems committed to building through the draft

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast