Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets get real here !

Hybrid View

Default Lets get real here !

I want to speak to the people who are coming unglued about the lack of big name signings . Last year we won four games . We lost to Dallas , the Ravens, Buffalo, Cincy, Cleveland and Oakland all by a small number of points , we very well could have been a 10 win team last year , Very easily ! give it a rest ! We just picked up some unbelievable coaches to replace the piss-poor ones we had. If we get Thomas Jones and Chambers signed ( even Fargas ) and draft for key positions this draft we will be a very , very dangerous team to underestimate. lets look at the positive spin on this team a little more and not freak out about us not grabbing every big name out there. We are on the right path to having a team that is built for the the long haul not a short trip. lets look at it as a good thing , not a bad ! Go Chiefs

Well said, I totally agree!! rep

Absolutely agree! "Y"! Nicely put!

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    I want to speak to the people who are coming unglued about the lack of big name signings . Last year we won four games . We lost to Dallas , the Ravens, Buffalo, Cincy, Cleveland and Oakland all by a small number of points , we very well could have been a 10 win team last year , Very easily ! give it a rest ! We just picked up some unbelievable coaches to replace the piss-poor ones we had. If we get Thomas Jones and Chambers signed ( even Fargas ) and draft for key positions this draft we will be a very , very dangerous team to underestimate. lets look at the positive spin on this team a little more and not freak out about us not grabbing every big name out there. We are on the right path to having a team that is built for the the long haul not a short trip. lets look at it as a good thing , not a bad ! Go Chiefs
    I agree Yzilla.

The one thing that I would say one might be upset about with the early FA period would be the fact that we were interested in some guys and failed to get them.

The word "failed" is the hard part here. The team wanted "Player A" and "Player B" but failed to acquire them.

How do we really know how bad the Team really wanted some of these players that got by us. the way pioli runs his regime it very well could have been a rumor, he never gives info out like that very freely, hell Tj and Fargas might be just something the media made a guess at.

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    REP!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Woo Hoo!!!

I agree, and I'm lovin it!

Playoffs are not a guantee but likely!

GO CHIEFS 2010

agreed.

People have to think too, those big name free agents DONT WANT TO COME TO KC! Whether its for the system, or for the media market, or for the losing record it doesn matter, not only did other teams overpay for them, we would have too!

We do need to sign someone. I don't want to end up like the Rams.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

The biggest problem is that Clark Hunt is beginning to come off as ... well, a cheapskate. We had the most, or second most cap space going into last offseason, and now in 2010 we currently have the lowest payroll in the league going into an uncapped season.

I don't think we should have signed any of those ridiculously overpaid free agents, but I do hope we can at least upgrade some starting positions in free agency. And I hope that Clark Hunt is not in fact a cheapskate either because at some point in the future I'm sure there will be an expensive free agent out there that will make too much sense not to pursue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast