Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chris Chambers

Default Chris Chambers

Ok before I start I want to say that I really , really like the thought of Chris Chambers being on our team . With that said , I want to go back to the Steelers game and the long pass play that he took down to like the two yard line. Does anyone sit and think .. Why doesn't he put his head down and follow his blocker into the endzone and finish the game ? Its been eating at me that we could have missed that field goal very easily having a rooking kicker under that kind of pressure. Yeah I know I know your probably saying , let it go he made the damn fieldgoal. it just bothers me that even if he had a dinged up shoulder he would want the ball and want the score. Winners want the ball right ? Anyways I am just bored and looking for something different to talk about .

wow... Pope did just stand there like he was lost... smh..

See, that is why we need Chris Chambers.. That was a helluva catch on the run and shows good speed and quickness right here that is crucial to have to stretch the field. He prob could have dove and got the TD but it would have been risky.

The Pope thing was actually a lot more heads up than you guys might think. He made an iffy block that could have easily been flagged and may have been trying to "hide", if you will. Easier said than done when you're 6'8" 270.

I love that play though. Easily my favorite non-Jamaal Charles Chiefs play of 2009. I'm actually kind of glad he didn't try to cut back inside and risk fumbling. I'll take my chances with a Succop XP-length FG.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    The Pope thing was actually a lot more heads up than you guys might think. He made an iffy block that could have easily been flagged and may have been trying to "hide", if you will. Easier said than done when you're 6'8" 270.

I love that play though. Easily my favorite non-Jamaal Charles Chiefs play of 2009. I'm actually kind of glad he didn't try to cut back inside and risk fumbling. I'll take my chances with a Succop XP-length FG.

Looked legal to me. Best shot is at 0:27. Guess he could have thought it might have been flag drawing block.

Either way. I trust Succop, but I don't trust that long snapper. I am sure that is the same game we missed a easy Field goal or PAT because some long snapper decided he wasn't going to raise his head after he snapped the ball to block some one.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Yeah it did look clean, but we've been whistled for clean blocks in the past. Stupid refs.

I wonder if Chambers just out thought himself and figured the defender expected him to cut back for an easy last few yards? If you notice he did fake back inside and then cut back outside. He may have also expected Long to make the block. Nothing against Long of course because that was great hustle downfield on his part.

I'm not really going to read into it. Football speed is extremely fast, and all that happened in a split second.
    Last edited by yashi; 03-08-2010 at 10:36 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12