Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Chambers

Default Chris Chambers

Ok before I start I want to say that I really , really like the thought of Chris Chambers being on our team . With that said , I want to go back to the Steelers game and the long pass play that he took down to like the two yard line. Does anyone sit and think .. Why doesn't he put his head down and follow his blocker into the endzone and finish the game ? Its been eating at me that we could have missed that field goal very easily having a rooking kicker under that kind of pressure. Yeah I know I know your probably saying , let it go he made the damn fieldgoal. it just bothers me that even if he had a dinged up shoulder he would want the ball and want the score. Winners want the ball right ? Anyways I am just bored and looking for something different to talk about .

He could have lowered his shoulder and followed his blockers and been stripped of the ball too!

very true, But I guess what I'm getting at is , Does a Winner think that before he steps out of bounds knowing hes on the two with a blocker in front of him? all that Adrenaline pumping running wide open down the sideline knowing you could win the game against the Superbowl champs ! I bet you a Jerry Rice would have taken it to the house ! keep in mind now I really like Chris Chambers. Just sayin !

I agree with what you are saying. I had too have some fun with you'''re post.

I do think it's critical for us to sign Chris. Most rookie WR don;t fair too well the first y

I was impressed overall with Chambers last season, and would like to see him return. I missed the Steeler's game, was in KC that day for a special meeting.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

If I remember correctly, he wasn't going to make the end zone. He may have got an extra yard or two. He is a veteran and new that kick was a chip shot and didn't need to risk anything further by lowering his head to get hit. He was right.

Chambers is still a good reciever that can make a variety of plays.. For the most part he was our best reciever and still might be if Bowe continues to dissapoint.. We need at least one consistent reciever to have a chance..

Well here is the video. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umET2Vl9hck"]YouTube- Chris Chambers 61-yd catch[/ame]

It looks like he is 5 yards short and being shoved out. He was really close. And you have to see it from his prospective, he tries to push it he might fumble. I wouldn't worry about it really. He got us dam close to scoring.

I would more worried why Leonard Pope gave up down field blocking.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I have to say I thought he could have made it in. He had a blocker in front of him and only one Steelers guy in his way. Whatever though, we won the game!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast