Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ChiefsCrowd.com Article : A Different View On Free Agency ? Krayfish Sounds Off

Post ChiefsCrowd.com Article : A Different View On Free Agency ? Krayfish Sounds Off

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    i dont think he was making the point that the cowboys and steelers go out and get all the free agent signings they can...i think he was trying to say that they have found what works for them and makes them consistently winning teams...and since what we have been doing isnt working, maybe its time to try something different
    Thanks for pointing that out. I went and reread the article and I now have a different take on it. Nevertheless, the guy makes it seem like this "formula" that the Steelers and Cowboys have is simple and that any team can do it. That's just not true.

The Chiefs have cleaned house, from players, to coaches, to the front office management. They've brought in proven winners to the front office and coaching staff, and now they are trying to build this team piece by piece until it is perfected. I have to admit, I love the approach that they are taking. I truly believe that it takes a while to build a dynasty, but once it's there, it's hard to take down.

I don't really like making this comparison, because people now like to call us the Kansas City Patriots, but look at that team in the mid 2000's. That team was built by having solid draft after solid draft, with some key, yet cheap FA acquisitions/trades (Randy Moss for a 4th rounder). Mr. Pioli is doing the same thing here, and I can't wait to see what's in store for the Chiefs in this new decade.

This guy's article is really just a longwinded rant that offers his extremely biased opinions and provides no factual evidence supporting anything he says.

i too like how the new regime is handling things...i believe their work will begin to pay off

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    This isn't Major League Baseball where one pitcher or batter can turn your team from pretender to contender.
    *COUGH* BRET FAVRE! *COUGH*

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    *COUGH* BRET FAVRE! *COUGH*
    Fair enough...The Vikings had a lot of other pieces in place though. They were a QB away from being contender. Solid D, solid run game. There's always exceptions, but no one player is going to fix the Chiefs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12