Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs sign Thomas Jones to 2 year, $5 million deal!

Default Chiefs sign Thomas Jones to 2 year, $5 million deal!

Just came across the Twitter machine via Adam Schefter:

Filed to ESPN: Thomas Jones signs in Kansas City: two years, $5 million. Chiefs have their running back. No need for Willie Parker to visit.
    I'm stoked about this signing...good money, good back. Things are starting to look up for KC!!!!

Yes! 1-2 punch. TJ, JC.. I'm excited

Quote Originally Posted by buffman316 View Post
    This is great news on so many levels. Now we don't have to "hope" a good RB is in the draft! Plus, he will be a perfect match for Charles!

Possibly the biggest adavantage to this signing is the fact that we can now put to rest the notion that we need a HB in the mid rounds of the draft.

And the price has little bearing on my feelings in the matter. I am not fearful of "overpaying" our players. I am more fearful of underpaying them.

this just may be the beginning of a proud franchise returning to its glory on a nice and easy track...signed 2 good coaches to run the team,keeping the players around who showed they want to win here and the signing of chambers and now jones is just showing me how serious the team is about getting back on top where we belong

So why, then, is Willie Parker coming to town?

Signing TJ is a great start to Free Agency, when combined with us locking in Chambers for a few more years.

Now let's get some blockers and defense!!!

Awsome!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    So why, then, is Willie Parker coming to town?

Signing TJ is a great start to Free Agency, when combined with us locking in Chambers for a few more years.

Now let's get some blockers and defense!!!
    According to Adam Schefter's twitter page they cancelled the meeting with him.

Resident Celebrity

Great job Pioli on signing Jones.Now go get lilja,and another good reciever.I think the reciever will probably come in the draft.Then get that Big rred D-fense in shape and we will all be happy.Like they say D-fense wins championship.I agree on that but you also have to have decent offense.

YES!!!!

This is great news... I agree we need a few more pieces esp. OL but this makes our offense so much more potent... Jones is a straight up monster and could start for most teams, like I said, we now have the best RB tandem in the league... Dont tell me Carolina, Stewart was nice til he got hurt, but he got hurt... Maybe Tennesse or Dallas but I still think we have the best combo at RB...

Now... RG and C are biggest concerns imo.. maybe that Pouncey, the center from Florida with pick 2a? Add Lilja and we have should have a decent to good OL... I would like a true no. 1 reciever but Chambers and Bowe can hold their own...
    Bottom line our entire team is better with bringing in a pro bowl RB in Jones..

Love the signing! Finally we did something with free agency! Getting better!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief4Ever&Ever View Post
    Love the signing! Finally we did something with free agency! Getting better!
    Some more signings too!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast