Thread: Yahoo News : Chiefs sign Pro Bowl free agent running back Thomas Jones to beef up bac

Default Yahoo News : Chiefs sign Pro Bowl free agent running back Thomas Jones to beef up bac

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The Kansas City Chiefs have signed free agent running back Thomas Jones, who led the New York Jets to the AFC championship game last season and was the NFL's third-leading rusher.

More...

Mileston in KC!!!

ANSAS CITY, Mo. - The Kansas City Chiefs have signed free agent running back Thomas Jones(notes), who led the New York Jets to the AFC championship game last season and was the NFL's third-leading rusher. The Chiefs announced the deal Tuesday but declined to disclose the terms. Jones had career highs of 1,402 yards and 14 touchdowns last season. He was a 2008 Pro Bowl selection with 1,312 yards and 13 touchdowns.

The 31-year-old is expected to supplement third-year running back Jamaal Charles(notes), who was Kansas City's MVP last season with 1,120 rushing yards and seven touchdowns.
    Jones was drafted seventh overall in 2000 by the Arizona Cardinals. He was traded to Tampa Bay in 2003, went to Chicago in 2004 as a free agent and was traded to the Jets in 2007.

Yea, I hope help out.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    ANSAS CITY, Mo. - The Kansas City Chiefs have signed free agent running back Thomas Jones(notes), who led the New York Jets to the AFC championship game last season and was the NFL's third-leading rusher. The Chiefs announced the deal Tuesday but declined to disclose the terms. Jones had career highs of 1,402 yards and 14 touchdowns last season. He was a 2008 Pro Bowl selection with 1,312 yards and 13 touchdowns.

The 31-year-old is expected to supplement third-year running back Jamaal Charles(notes), who was Kansas City's MVP last season with 1,120 rushing yards and seven touchdowns.
    Jones was drafted seventh overall in 2000 by the Arizona Cardinals. He was traded to Tampa Bay in 2003, went to Chicago in 2004 as a free agent and was traded to the Jets in 2007.

Yea, I hope help out.

I think what TS means is he hopes that Thomas Jones has brought in just to help out and not be the feature back. I could be wrong though.

Resident Celebrity