Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs signed Shaun Smith?

Default Chiefs signed Shaun Smith?

There are Facebook posts going on within the last hour or so saying the Chiefs signed Shaun Smith...legit or rumor?

Adam Gill
    I just heard a rumor that the chiefs have signed shaun smith to a contract. I did some minor research and found a twitter page with his name on it and a big arrow head as the pic.

Barry Peraino link?

about an hour ago

Joe Bates I had read a blog that they were very interested in Smith. Haven't seen where they signed him yet. He's a big DT that played for Romeo in Cleveland.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Boobcrack View Post
    I have never heard of this guy either. Just adding depth i'm guessing.

Heeeere ya go!

Shaun Smith

jb

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    2 Career sacks? Not really impressive for being in the leauge long. Must he be a really good run stopper?
    He's a clogger. His job has always been to take up the center and guard in a 3-4 defense, so he doesn't get sacks, but he's a solid spot starter/backup.

And just in case anyone cares, Ron Edwards has an overall rating of 74 on Madden 10, whereas Shaun smith has an overall rating of 78!! Haha! All joking aside, this guy will be a good NT for us and I agree, he will ultimately go down as a great signing by Pioli.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Not to be a blind fan, but us Chiefs fans have to love them for not sitting around giving eachother high fives over Thomas Jones and getting another deal done the next day. Right? Totally. I am still one of those who believe in Pioli and Haley and believe they KNEW last year was a "let's see what we have" year; that THIS year is truly THE 1st year where there is expectations, hope and pressure for them to turn this around, and they have shown they are trying with Weis, Crennel, Jones, and Chambers and now Smith...I don't know how a person who claims to be a Chiefs fan is not excited.
    Last edited by KCINNYC; 03-10-2010 at 11:48 PM.
    Resident Ambassador!

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    Not to be a blind fan, but us Chiefs fans have to love them for not sitting around giving eachother high fives over Thomas Jones and getting another deal done the next day. Right? Totally. I am still one of those who believe in Pioli and Haley and believe they KNEW last year was a "let's see what we have" year; that THIS year is truly THE 1st year where there is expectations, hope and pressure for them to turn this around, and they have shown they are trying with Weis, Crennel, Jones, and Chambers and now Smith...I don't know how a person who claims to be a Chiefs fan is not excited.
    i would rather them make a few proficient signings than a ton of "what were you thinking?!" signings...this guy has played for crennel before and my assumption is that this was a guy crennel wanted...so i have no problems with it

He is not a stats guy he is just a big bad black dude that eats up the middle of the field. IM telling you everyone will be pleasently suprised. He is no Wilvork but he will help fre up Dorsey and Jackson with Halie coming around the corner MAN I am excited. I remember watching a cleveland game cause my ex was from ohio and that guy just eating the middle up. He is not fancy but a good solid fill in player

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    Oh were excited, were just puzzled by Shaun Smith. He is often inured and like I said 2 career sacks in like 8 years.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Oh good! I missed the news yesterday signing Shaun Smith was confirmed. I sorta felt bad for starting a thread based on early Facebook rumor, hahaha. I feel all better now, lol.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Oh good! I missed the news yesterday signing Shaun Smith was confirmed. I sorta felt bad for starting a thread based on early Facebook rumor, hahaha. I feel all better now, lol.
    Hey, maybe you should replace Adam Schefter on ESPN, being the first to break news and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    i would rather them make a few proficient signings than a ton of "what were you thinking?!" signings...this guy has played for crennel before and my assumption is that this was a guy crennel wanted...so i have no problems with it
    How did Patriots build the team they have today. They didn't start out by buying the biggest named players IE Washington. They filled holes with role players and then drafted the talent to upgrade it.

They are not signing the expensive guys to sell tickets. They are building for the future.

Right now, they are signing competition and depth.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast