Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: excited by what i am finally seeing

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    18
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default excited by what i am finally seeing


    0 Not allowed!
    This is my first post. This is also the first time in over 20 years I have been excited about what I am seeing in the offseason. For years I have been saying that they needed to fire Carl Peterson and rebuild. Last year my prayers where answered and so far from what I am seeing I think I am finally getting one of my prayers answered, the chiefs on there way back to the top slowly but surely. I hope I'm not the only one seeing this happen I am sure you all will let me know if you agree or disagree. Either way I can't wait to find out.

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    You always seem to be excited to see Coach. What is up with that?
    Come and take it little feller. I just think its great when Coach can grace us with his presence on the site!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,167
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 27

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Come and take it little feller. I just think its great when Coach can grace us with his presence on the site!!
    I will be gracing everyone with my presence more now that I can post via my new ChiefsCrowd.com Blackberry application.



  4. #13
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,044
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I am also excited about the direction that we are headed. Last year, the most positive move in my mind was finding your franchise QB to build around. I think Pioli did that with Matt Cassell, although others may disagree.

    I think this offseason's most impressive move was assembling a good coaching staff. Crennell, Weis, etc.

    The next step is acquiring talent in the right spots at the right place. I think that process has been successful so far this offseason. Less successful last offseason because they didn't have time to evluate the current players.

    I feel like this regime makes changes when they identify problems instead of ignoring the problems. I am very excited about the direction this organization is headed.

    ____________
    Posted from my BlackBerry, PM me for Details
    Absolutely! The problem we had with Carl Peterson is that even though he gave us ten good years we held on to him for twenty. The new regime seems to have things well in hand at this point; I like what I've seen so far this off season.


  5. #14
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,409
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 64

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Come and take it little feller. I just think its great when Coach can grace us with his presence on the site!!
    Who you calling little feller? Respect your elders!

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,409
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 64

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Absolutely! The problem we had with Carl Peterson is that even though he gave us ten good years we held on to him for twenty. The new regime seems to have things well in hand at this point; I like what I've seen so far this off season.
    I agree, Carl help built what we became. His time was over, and it was time for new management.

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,044
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Who you calling little feller? Respect your elders!

    You tell him little feller!


  8. #17
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,044
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I agree, Carl help built what we became. His time was over, and it was time for new management.
    Yep, too bad it took so long for ownership to realize that.


  9. #18
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,409
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 64

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yep, too bad it took so long for ownership to realize that.
    I have always said, that Carl had issues he was working on, Arrowhead upgrades, Lamar wanted that done, and that was top priority. I really do think that had a big impact on his last yrs as GM. But what do I know.

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,044
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I have always said, that Carl had issues he was working on, Arrowhead upgrades, Lamar wanted that done, and that was top priority. I really do think that had a big impact on his last yrs as GM. But what do I know.
    True, but that occurred because he wore too many hats being President and GM. Maybe he wouldn't have been bogged down so much if he would have just stayed a GM.


  11. #20
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,409
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 64

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    True, but that occurred because he wore too many hats being President and GM. Maybe he wouldn't have been bogged down so much if he would have just stayed a GM.
    True! He had to much control over the team in all functions, that is why he was called king, or was it queen, I forget.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. So Excited!
    By stricken721 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-20-2009, 11:34 AM
  2. Tell me this doesnt get you excited
    By Vanilla Garilla in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 11:04 PM
  3. Im kinda excited about this FA pick
    By YZILLA in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 03:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •