Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Herm Edwards

Default Herm Edwards

Now im kinda of new to this, but lets look at Herm Edwards drafting ability.
    IN 2008-
    1a round-Glenn Dorsey-he is really begining to look like a pro-bowl caliber player.
    1b round-Branden Albert- he is a great player and man on the line, no matter what anybody says
    2nd round-Brandon Flowers-he is already playing at the level of a pro-bowler.
    3rd round-Jamal Charles-you guys already know what a steal this guy is.
    5th round-Brandon Carr- yah i know he may not be a great player, but he is definitely capable of starting in this league.
    No that is a great draft class-

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Welcome to Chiefs Crowd! Wow! Lot's of new members posting, that's great!! We're the best of the best Chiefs fans! :)

Interestingly, I just read an article the other day relating to the Peterson GM era relating to his draft history with the Chiefs, which included the yrs Edwards was HC of course. Overall the article showed Peterson era draft stats as being more of failure for the Chiefs than a success, by quite a margin.

He was lucky once in a while in other words, rather than consistent. Possibly 2008 will prove to be one of his lucky draft years, I don't know if Edwards being the HC at that time was a factor or not...possibly.

I have contradicting thoughts related to Jamal Charles being a "steal"...we paid a very high price for him...considering we gave up Jared Allen in the deal.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I really wish people who join the Crowd, never mind.

I am just glad that Herm is not the head coach anymore. Nobody doubts his talent finding ability, that is what he does the best.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I really wish people who join the Crowd, never mind.

I am just glad that Herm is not the head coach anymore. Nobody doubts his talent finding ability, that is what he does the best.
    Wish those joining?...would maybe post in the new member's section filling out the 'about me' intro?

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I think a man should not be talked about if he ripped up a team.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Welcome to the forum!

But who cares about Herm now? His days are done, but yes he did a good job of drafting in that 2008 class. Jared Allen is a huge part of why though. If Albert were to pan out at LT, like i believe he can, then that would be a pretty fair trade. But it is still too early to tell if that was a good deal or not. I am one of the fans who would rather have kept Jared Allen, and i bet Herm Edwards does too bc he likely would still have his job and Aaron Curry to go along in the 4-3. But all we can do now is look to the future and Pioli's regime...i like what i am seeing, i just hope romeo xan fix the defense. its so pathetic the way this team has played defense the last couple years.

I am glad that Herm is gone from KC. Thats all I will say to spare anyone any ranting that I tend to do when Herm Edwards time in KC is brought up.

No one ever said Herm wasn't a good scout. In fact, that's where he got his start and truly excelled.

Herm was absolutely awful at hiring coaches, managing a roster, coaching up players, game management, strategic planning, conditioning his players, calling timeouts, challenging plays, holding players accountable, holding coaches accountable, accentuating strengths, minimizing weaknesses, taking responsibility, and playing to win.

But yeah, he drafted some decent players occasionally. I guess there's that.

Herm is a nice guy!!

But I liked him better when he was the Jets Head Coach!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Herm is a nice guy!!

But I liked him better when he was the Jets Head Coach!!
    He don't look to happy.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast