Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bills' Kevin Everett Has May Be Paralyzed

Sweets Guest

Default Bills' Kevin Everett Has May Be Paralyzed

Sometimes, we are all reminded in a very negative way that there are bigger things than football. While we get caught up in the emotion and love for the game, it's easy to forget exactly how dangerous it is. And in one blink of the eye yesterday, that reality came crashing down on the Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos and every single NFL fan across the world.

Tight end Kevin Everett, who was covering a kickoff at the time, fell limp to the ground after a collision with the Broncos' Domenik Hixon. Immediately, you knew it was bad -- unfortunately, it was a lot worse than anyone expected.

The good news is that Everett survived the emergency surgery to repair his broken and dislocated neck. The bad news is that the doctors had to remove his third and fourth vertebrae before placing him on a respirator in intensive care. And the worst news is that, while he did have some "sparse movement," the risk of life-long paralysis is a very real and extremely disheartening reality.

"Obviously, we lost the game, but Kevin is critical to our team," added tight end Robert Royal. "We love him. We want to stand by him. That was the first thing Coach Jauron said when we came into the locker room. Our prayers go out to Kevin and his family."
    I think I speak for everyone here at FanHouse when I say our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...-be-paralyzed/

I hate the team, but I don't wish that type of thing on anyone!! Hopes and prayers go out for his well being!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Sucks!!!!! I was watching when that play happened and it just looked like a normal hit! Head up face first into the guys waist and boom!!!! Down he went. It looked bad from the first second, he never moved on his own. Too bad, hate to see a thing like that!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Sucks!!!!! I was watching when that play happened and it just looked like a normal hit! Head up face first into the guys waist and boom!!!! Down he went. It looked bad from the first second, he never moved on his own. Too bad, hate to see a thing like that!
    Absolutely sucks! Anytime I see something like that my heart just goes out to the player and his family.

Never want to see another human being hurt in that way. God Speed Kevin!!
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

It's been reported by local news outlets here that sadly doctors say that there is very little chance that he will walk again.

It sounds like its still in the life-threatening mode...I pray that he walks again, but at the very least I pray that he will live.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    It sounds like its still in the life-threatening mode...I pray that he walks again, but at the very least I pray that he will live.
    I pray the same.

Report on NFL Network says that he was voluntarily moving his arms and legs overnight. Appearently not alot, but certainly good to hear that he has some progress.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Report on NFL Network says that he was voluntarily moving his arms and legs overnight. Appearently not alot, but certainly good to hear that he has some progress.

That's awesome...this could turn from tragedy to feel good story if he walks again.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast