Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're shedding O-linemen

Default We're shedding O-linemen

So now Wade Smith and Andy Alleman are going to be with different teams next season. This, to me, points to good signs that we're looking at the draft to pick up some stallion O-linemen.

And of course, free agency is still pretty early on.

jb

I hope your wrong : )

But I think Okung will definitely be off the board, so if Berry is also gone (which i doubt) then i say go OT for sure.... we could certainly use some lineman, thats for sure...

what i want to see is Branden Albert STEP UP at LT in his second year under haley and the offseason... just like he did the last half of the 2009 season...but we could still use more lineman, including a G, and C either way you look at it

I formed a new opinion today about Berry, and why we probably won't draft him. The Jets just made Antrel Rolle the highest paid safety in the league, with $15M guaranteed. Based off last years 2009 signings, Berry would have to go outside the top 10 to not be higher paid than him.

That said, I worry Pioli wouldn't want to pay a safety that much. I'm still thinking he takes Dan Williams at NT if Okung is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I formed a new opinion today about Berry, and why we probably won't draft him. The Jets just made Antrel Rolle the highest paid safety in the league, with $15M guaranteed. Based off last years 2009 signings, Berry would have to go outside the top 10 to not be higher paid than him.

That said, I worry Pioli wouldn't want to pay a safety that much. I'm still thinking he takes Dan Williams at NT if Okung is gone.
    Some times you have to spend money to make money.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Some times you have to spend money to make money.
    I agree...I'd love to have Berry, just doesn't seem like a good fit for Pioli (see Aaron Curry last year).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post

You are right though, Pioli is not going to spend that much money on an untried player and he would have to if he took Berry.

I know there are a lot of people who want us to take him, but I just don't see it happening.

Actually, I expect the gang in the front office to once again pick an unexpected player like we did Jackson last year.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    You are right though, Pioli is not going to spend that much money on an untried player and he would have to if he took Berry.

I know there are a lot of people who want us to take him, but I just don't see it happening.

Actually, I expect the gang in the front office to once again pick an unexpected player like we did Jackson last year.
    the suspense is killing me...who is that surprise player?

I think if Berry is there at #5 you take him and pay him, it's not like we can get say Dan W. and sign him for 2.5 mil. We are going to have to pay no matter who we pick. Might as well draft and pay the best guy on the board that fits our need. We are slowly finding people to plug into spots of need during FA. My thought is we are not looking at safety as much right now because the front office is looking at who they want to draft.
    Last edited by kcallin; 03-11-2010 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    the suspense is killing me...who is that surprise player?
    Gotta be Dan Williams or Bulaga, hopefully Williams.

I don't think the Chiefs are interest in Dan Williams. It is pretty obvious to me by the lack of FA visits in other key poistions, the 1st round pick will either be Offensive line or Safety. These are probably the two biggest needs and ther is not talks of Free agents for these positions.

We just signed a NT yesterday making that first round pick at NT, less of a need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast