Just thought I would take a shot at how I think the rest of the off-season might play out, but not particularly exactly how I personally want it to go...

***Chiefs trade #5 to BUF for #9 & #105 + conditional 2011 pick & SS/FS Donte Whitner*** -

With both Okung & Berry already taken, we find a last minute partner & trade down for a high 4th & Donte Whitner, but still get the prospect that we were most likely going to take at #5 anyway. Whitner is young & versatile & can play SS, FS & perhaps nickle back for us. Donte was stuck behind a couple of starting safety's in Buffalo, but should win our starting SS spot IMO...

***FA pickups ( * = already signed FA)***

*RB Thomas Jones (NYJ)

*WR Jerheme Urban (AZ)

G/T Chester Pitts (HOU)

*DL Shaun Smith (CIN)

ILB Andra Davis (DEN)

Rush OLB Joey Porter (MIA)

CB Phillip Buchanon (DET)

DE Taylor Brayton (CAR)

I realize that not all of these FA's will make the team, but the ones that prove to the FO that they are one of the right 53 probably will...

***1st 5 Picks***

1 STL Suh - The Rams trade for one of Philly's QB's so that they can snag Kong...
2 DET McCoy
3 TB Berry
4 WAS Okung
5 BUF Bradford (from KC)

***Chiefs Draft***

#9 NT Dan Williams (Tennessee) - We solidify the middle of our D for years to come with the best 3-4 NT in the draft.

#36 WR Golden Tate (ND) - With Gresham, Pouncy, Hughes & Kindle all taken before this pick, Tate gets the nod with a solid endorsement from Weis & steps right in as our slot & helps out in the return game too.

#50 TE Rob Gronkowski (Arizona) - While his injury history is still a concern, he passes the physical & proves he is healthy at his personal pro day in late March. Rob is arguably the best all around TE in this draft class & could be the long term answer to solve our recent TE woes.

#69 DE/OLB Koa Misi (Utah) - After missing out on our primary rush OLB prospects, we take Misi here, who should help generate pressure on opposing QB's.

#100 OG Mike Johnson (Alabama) - Has dropped because of a disappointing combine, but should develop into a solid guard for our system.

#105 OC Eric Olson (ND) - Weis lobbys for another one of his guys here & Olson is versatile & hopefully steals the starting Center gig from Rudy.

5a OT Selvish Capers (West Virginia) - If Okung had dropped to us he might have been our 1st pick, but we settle on Capers here who should be a good fit for the ZBS & develop him for future duty at RT or LT.

5b ILB Micah Johnson (Kentucky) - He slides due to a unimpressive 40 time & injury concerns. With the signings of Davis & Porter our LB cores is pretty set for now, giving us the luxury of slowly developing Johnson & Misi.

5c RB Joique Bell (Wayne St) - I have really developed a man crush on this guy & he should get some carries while he is groomed behind Jones.

I tried to get into Pioli's head a bit by adding older veteran stopgap FA signings & drafting prospects to develop behind them.

Not my ideal mock, but I could see the off-season playing out something like this & while I would not be ecstatic, I would be pretty darn satisfied if this is how it went.

Would like to hear your thoughts on this mock guys!