Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chiefs Mock Draft

Default Chiefs Mock Draft

Hey guys, sorry to say but I am a Seahawks fan who just joined the site for some mock draft questions. Over at SeahawkBlue we do a mock draft each year and members select teams to be the GM for. I have picked the Chiefs and want to know what the needs are on defense.

I traded down with the #5 pick in the draft with the Bills to #9 and drafted Bryan Bulaga. I also picked up the Bills 2nd round pick #41 overall so...we have 4 picks in the top 50. I am thinking about getting Chad Jones S from LSU with the 36th pick and then Terrance Cody DT from Alabama with the 41st pick.

Does this sound like a mock you guys would be happy with and if not what are some of the bigger need areas for the Chiefs?

Bulaga isn't a bad choice, I think I would have rather had Williams or McClain as well, but at the same time I'm hoping beyond hope for Gaither, and if that doesn't happen I'd be more than content with Bulaga, especially at the 9 spot.

Anywho, moving on.

My 2nd round value picks/needs:
    Maurkice Pouncey C
    Mike Iutapi G
    Jerry Hughes OLB
    Golden Tate WR
    Terrence Cody NT
    Damian Williams WR
    Cam Thomas NT
    Koa Moasi OLB
    Nate Allen S
    J.D. Walton

3rd Round:
    Chad Jones S (borderline, but with how much is available in the 2nd, I would hold off until the 3rd for him)
    Sean Lee ILB - super talented, but injury prone, definitely worth the risk for a 3rd rounder
    Demaryius Thomas WR
    Darrell Stuckey S

4th Round:
    Larry Asante S
    Jacoby Ford WR
    Pat Angerer ILB
    Jason Fox OT
    Myron Rolle S
    Anthony Dixon RB
    Major Wright S

Some guys will probably be gone before the rounds that I have them listed, but I wouldn't take them earlier due to how high our picks in each round are. In my opinion you can't really go too wrong by grabbing any of these guys as long as you don't overdraft a single position.

If it was up to me, I would aim for something along the lines of:

2a. Cody
    2b. Williams
    2c. Walton
    3. Lee
    4. Rolle

Good luck and make us look super good!

Thanks Aussie!

Cody just went #30 to the Vikings..that sucks. Looks like at #36 I will try and get Spikes if he is there then look at WR with the #41 pick, maybe Williams...Then probably take the best DT or G available at #50
    Seahawks Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRyan View Post
    Cody just went #30 to the Vikings..that sucks. Looks like at #36 I will try and get Spikes if he is there then look at WR with the #41 pick, maybe Williams...Then probably take the best DT or G available at #50
    Whoever is running the Vikings just made a horrible decision. Pouncey or Price would have been better there, assuming they were available. Pouncey an interior OL upgrade and Price a better fit in a 4-3 DT role. Could have gone Devin McCourty too, pretty sure they're hurting at corner. Oh well.

Spikes isn't bad, I just wouldn't draft him because of his eye gouging character issues, you might be able to get him a little later. Kindle and Hughes might be worth a look at that spot if they're around.

Thanks Aussie!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12