Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I think we're going to trade for Brady Quinn

Default I think we're going to trade for Brady Quinn

The Browns just signed Jake Delhomme today after trading for Seneca Wallace earlier in the week, meaning that Brady Quinn will probably be traded. The obvious destination is KC because of Charlie Weis.

I don't think I really like the idea. We already have a lot of money invested in Cassel, and I feel like Croyle is a better quarterback than Quinn. It would likely cost us a 3rd or 4th round pick also.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    will never happen~
    Gotta agree here, very little chance of this.

Doubt it will happen.. Cassel and Croyle are better quarterbacks, and we need the picks to fill actual positions of need.

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if we picked up a project QB in on of the late rounds, I think Pioli has been talking to one already actually. The reason would be, that in a league where a lot of people are looking for QB's, Croyle with his (albeit limited) experience, holds some value. So he might be unloaded at some point, might not even be this year.
    Last edited by brish; 03-14-2010 at 06:50 AM.

Default quinn

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    The Browns just signed Jake Delhomme today after trading for Seneca Wallace earlier in the week, meaning that Brady Quinn will probably be traded. The obvious destination is KC because of Charlie Weis.

I don't think I really like the idea. We already have a lot of money invested in Cassel, and I feel like Croyle is a better quarterback than Quinn. It would likely cost us a 3rd or 4th round pick also.

What do you guys think?
    i agree....i thought Brady Quinn was gonna be drafted by the Chiefs til the Cowboys and Browns made a deal with a few seconds left on the draft clock in front of the Chiefs...but to be honest , im glad because he dont seem to be adjusting to the nfl as well as everyone thought he would [ myself included] we are better off with who we have now.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

unless cassel really screws up this year he wont be traded or cut.
    Why? because pioli would have to admit he scewed up big time on his qb in talent and paying him. Besides, we have alot more bigger holes to fill then a QB.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

If anyone other that Matt Cassel is starting at QB at the beginning of this season, I would be VERY upset and this team will have taken a huge step backwards.

I'm not going to keep on about Cassel. So as far as Quinn goes, don't put tyoo much stock into him having played for Weis. Lots of players played for Weis, Quinn is one of them. I can't imagine the Chiefs would be willing to give up draft picks to land what would amount to a 3rd string qb.

There are many teams that need a QB that might be willing to take a flyer on Quinn instead of drafting a spending a 1st round pick on a hopeful qbotf. Buffalo, Stl, Sea, just to name a few.

If Quinn comes here, it will be because he was cut. And I can't imagine Quinn would want to play 3rd sting for Chiefs anyway.

I just don't see it happening. We need OL, LB's and Safeties a lot more than another QB.

I don't see any reason why this trade shouldn't happen. Quinn gets paid a base salary of $760,000 each of the next 2 years and if anyone can "unlock" his potential it would be Weiss. Getting a 1st round pick Qb with tons of potential for a 4th or even 5th round pick would be peanuts and a smart investment. Anything above a 4th round trade, I don't believe would be worth it though. Not in this draft.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    I don't see any reason why this trade shouldn't happen. Quinn gets paid a base salary of $760,000 each of the next 2 years and if anyone can "unlock" his potential it would be Weiss. Getting a 1st round pick Qb with tons of potential for a 4th or even 5th round pick would be peanuts and a smart investment. Anything above a 4th round trade, I don't believe would be worth it though. Not in this draft.
    If we were in need of a QB i would agree but We QB is not a need right now IMO so I dont want to work on one of the spots we have lined up.

If any trade was to be made with the Chiefs, it wouldn't be for anything higher than one of our 3 5th round picks. The Browns can get more value than a 5th round pick for him, which is why I believe the only way he ends up in KC is if he was cut.

I don't see the Chiefs trading for Quinn and I don't see the chiefs trading away Cassell to draft Clausen.

Cassell was Pioli's first move as GM. He is not going to trade it away one year later and admit it was a mistake, when NO one can honestly say, it was a horrible move.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast