Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I think we're going to trade for Brady Quinn

Default I think we're going to trade for Brady Quinn

The Browns just signed Jake Delhomme today after trading for Seneca Wallace earlier in the week, meaning that Brady Quinn will probably be traded. The obvious destination is KC because of Charlie Weis.

I don't think I really like the idea. We already have a lot of money invested in Cassel, and I feel like Croyle is a better quarterback than Quinn. It would likely cost us a 3rd or 4th round pick also.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I don't see the Chiefs trading for Quinn and I don't see the chiefs trading away Cassell to draft Clausen.

Cassell was Pioli's first move as GM. He is not going to trade it away one year later and admit it was a mistake, when NO one can honestly say, it was a horrible move.

I don't understand where all the QB trade/draft rumors are coming from. When Pioli signed Cassel to a 60 million dollar contract in his first year as GM, i figured that would put to rest all the QB talk? Its the pieces around the QB that need work.

aside from the QB, Charles, Albert, maybe Waters and Bowe are really the only things on offense worth keeping. Which means Cassel isn't getting a lot of help. Quinn sucks too! why would anyone want him as their QB? Much less trade for him lol...

I do think your right about Pioli taking a flyer on a late round QB, like he always does. He seems to do a good job of landing LBs and QB's late in the draft, and i expect him to try and do so this year as well. Cassel, Croyle, Guit, and a late draft pick to battle out for no.3 or no.4 QB....

I heard Marshall Faulk on NFL network say Pioli is trying to win now, and last season was just a practice run. So he is done drafting core lineman types early, and now is looking to add playmakers. But what does Marshall Faulk know anyways lol...i hope he is right though!

Cassel will start next year and if he produces will keep starting. But there's never a problem with adding quality depth at any position, especially if we can obtain that depth inexpensively. Although, I would rather see us pick him up after he's released.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

are you kidding me? I proposed this weeks ago and got ran off the boards...

I dont think we will be trading for him...hes probably going ot get cut. Nobody wants to take on his contract
    Last edited by MDChiefs!; 03-14-2010 at 02:24 PM.

Cassel is nothing more than a $40 mil 2 year stop gap. Pioli did it like that so when he got who he wanted in here to coach, they could get their own guy. Cassel has already been paid for basically, so if you think those numbers, or the fact that Pioli traded for him is going to stop our coaches (not our GM because he doesnt coach) from getting the guy that THEY want, your crazy.

oh wait. I must not be a KC fan

trade just not happening and the browns will not cut him they cant count on dilfer and i wouldnt be suprised if he is the browns starter after preseason

Quote Originally Posted by Fansincebirth View Post
    trade just not happening and the browns will not cut him they cant count on dilfer and i wouldnt be suprised if he is the browns starter after preseason
    If you're going to cut an expensive player, now is the year to do it, seeing as how it's an uncapped season. Also the Browns have brought in Delhomme and Seneca Wallace, two guys that are better than Quinn.

Quinn's contract is peanuts. All the money is tied up in escalators. His salary for 2010 is around $750,000. It can jump to nearly 6 million if he taks 70% of the snaps. He would be very cheap for a 1st round talent.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    Cassel will start next year and if he produces will keep starting. But there's never a problem with adding quality depth at any position, especially if we can obtain that depth inexpensively. Although, I would rather see us pick him up after he's released.
    Im with this guy. I dont see us trading for him, but if hes cut, why the hell not? He would be a cheap sign, and is only 25. If he develops we got a young quality quarterback for cheap, and if not, it wouldnt cost us to much. I think he have a better chance at being a starting quarterback than Matt Gutierrez, and he is the same age as Quinn.

And who better to develop Quinn than Weis?!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

signing him after he gets cut is a lot different than making a trade for him, and giving away picks... (the OP has title stating he thinks we could end up making a trade for quinn...) ofcourse if he is released i would be all for signing him, why wouldn't you be?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast