Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lilja?

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Default Lilja?

Hey all! I was wondering if there is anymore talks or rumors about Lilja coming to KC?

*taps foot impatiently*

Waiting for news so I did a search on him and they say he was cut because of injury and or over weight? But paid him his bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Dog View Post
    Waiting for news so I did a search on him and they say he was cut because of injury and or over weight? But paid him his bonus?
    Yup a failed physical. His agent (of course) says he was cut because the Colts want to get bigger on the line. They did sign 2 big boy linemen in the last couple days, so it may have some merit.

So if we sign Lilja, is everyone off the Okung bandwagon? Or is everyone not sold on big Al at the LT position?
    LT-Alberts
    LG-Waters
    C-Weigmann
    RG-Lilja
    RT-O'Callaghan

Quote Originally Posted by kylebigmac09 View Post
    Yup a failed physical. His agent (of course) says he was cut because the Colts want to get bigger on the line. They did sign 2 big boy linemen in the last couple days, so it may have some merit.

So if we sign Lilja, is everyone off the Okung bandwagon? Or is everyone not sold on big Al at the LT position?
    LT-Alberts
    LG-Waters
    C-Weigmann
    RG-Lilja
    RT-O'Callaghan
    I still wouldn't mind it if we took Okung and Albert played RT because Ryan O is a bit large and stationary for zone blocking. But I will say that with Lilja and Wiegmann, I'd be content with Albert at LT.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I still wouldn't mind it if we took Okung and Albert played RT because Ryan O is a bit large and stationary for zone blocking. But I will say that with Lilja and Wiegmann, I'd be content with Albert at LT.
    Wiegmann is in no way a permanent solution.

And by the way, waters is no spring chicken.

However, the Wiegmann signing, in my opinion, means that they expect Washington to take Okung.

If we took Okung, it would be for him to play left tackle, thereby moving albert to left guard and waters to center. signing a center, in my opinion, means we are anticipating going a different route.

if okung is not there, i hope we are able to trade down.

Quote Originally Posted by kylebigmac09 View Post
    LT-Alberts
    LG-Waters
    C-Weigmann
    RG-Lilja
    RT-O'Callaghan
    I am not on the Lilja bandwagon, myself. Never had to become a great run blocker, nor pass protector while playing in front of Payton Manning.

Manning does so many things to make his o-line appear better, that I don't trust Lilja to look the same in front of Cassel.

If we do sign him, I think that may well put to rest the idea that looking for a LOT early in the draft.

But I would not feel good about that decision.

Personally, I think they are signing 1-2 year solutions at positions so that they have an option if the draft doesn't fall their way.

right now, Washington could do almost anything. they have needs, they have trends, but with Shannahan there now, it really changes things.

He likes more agile, athletic linemen, so Okung might not even be his first choice. Who knows if he wants a QB, and Jimmy clausen is certainly more in the cutler mold than Bradford is. He has that kind of gutsy arrogance to him, though he doesn't have cutler's arm. He's never been afraid to throw deep though, and he's gotten better and better at it over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    ===== QUOTE kylebigmac09 ====

LT-Alberts
    LG-Waters
    C-Weigmann
    RG-Lilja
    RT-O'Callaghan

===== /QUOTE ====

I am not on the Lilja bandwagon, myself. Never had to become a great run blocker, nor pass protector while playing in front of Payton Manning.

Manning does so many things to make his o-line appear better, that I don't trust Lilja to look the same in front of Cassel.

If we do sign him, I think that may well put to rest the idea that looking for a LOT early in the draft.

But I would not feel good about that decision.
    I know this team needs help on the OL. But I think drafting a LT in the 1st rd sends a signal to Brandon Albert and the NFL that we've given up on him as a starting LT. I don't think that's fair. He hasn't played badly at all. The guys has been thrown to the wolves and asked to new play a new position. I think he will be fine at left tackle. By drafting a LT in the 1st rd, you are essentially drafting a Guard or a RT in the 1st rd because that is where you are movbing Albert when he doesn't need to be moved. I don't think we should spend the #5 pick on a Guard or OT. We can get a very good G or RT in rounds 2+.

This team needs to figure out how it is going to stop the run. They finished 31st in the league last year against the run. Draft NT, LB, or S. Don't move a good LT to another new position only to start the learning process again for both players. Makes no sense to me.

He's signed, sealed and delivered!!!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Im not convinced that he will automatically be our starter and that signing him solidifies B. Albert at LT. The only OG that is on our team as of today that was on the roster at the end of last season is B. Waters. We lost Smith, Goff and Alleman. Colin Brown was hurt before he could show if he was worth anything.

We need a lot of depth, and that may be all Lilja will be signed for. I can easily still see us drafting a LT and moving Albert or drafting a RG.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast