Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lilja?

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Default Lilja?

Hey all! I was wondering if there is anymore talks or rumors about Lilja coming to KC?

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    The colts claim they want bigger O-lineman so they don't get dominated like they did against the saints. With Donald Brown, Mike Hart and Joseph Addai, they want to try and establish a power run game to complement manning's ridiculous passing game. Did you know they were the worst rushing team in the league in 2009?

They were second in the league in passing so I doubt they were running the ball that much.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I know this team needs help on the OL. But I think drafting a LT in the 1st rd sends a signal to Brandon Albert and the NFL that we've given up on him as a starting LT. I don't think that's fair. He hasn't played badly at all. The guys has been thrown to the wolves and asked to new play a new position. I think he will be fine at left tackle. By drafting a LT in the 1st rd, you are essentially drafting a Guard or a RT in the 1st rd because that is where you are movbing Albert when he doesn't need to be moved. I don't think we should spend the #5 pick on a Guard or OT. We can get a very good G or RT in rounds 2+.

This team needs to figure out how it is going to stop the run. They finished 31st in the league last year against the run. Draft NT, LB, or S. Don't move a good LT to another new position only to start the learning process again for both players. Makes no sense to me.

I don't worry about "sending a message". Albert has played a pretty crappy LOT for two years. He was the best OG coming into the league, I'd rather have the best available at OG than pretty porr at LOT.

And as far as the "Essentially drafting an OG" concept, let's look at what position you are looking to draft. Rather you want a S, a LB or a NT, the player that is currently doing a poor job at that position, (equivelent to Albert) would likely become depth, or be released.

So, by that logic, by drafting at any of those positions, you are drafting depth players in the top five of the first round, or maybe even nothing at all, if we cut the previous player.

Therefor, when you tell me that I am essentially drafting a starting OG, I feel like the smartest guy in the world. Where you want to draft a backup or even nothing at all, I am getting a bonafide starter.

I am ok with that.

However, since we seem to be preparing to stick with the cheap-shot blocking scheme, and talent is irrelevant to blockers, Albert will be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    They were second in the league in passing so I doubt they were running the ball that much.
    Regardless of how often they ran the ball, when they did it, only The Chargers did it less effectively.

They had an average of 3.5 yards per carry. This ranked them ahead of only The San Diego Chargers. Out of 32 teams, they were ranked tied for 30th/31st.
    Last edited by chief31; 03-16-2010 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I don't worry about "sending a message". Albert has played a pretty crappy LOT for two years. He was the best OG coming into the league, I'd rather have the best available at OG than pretty porr at LOT.

And as far as the "Essentially drafting an OG" concept, let's look at what position you are looking to draft. Rather you want a S, a LB or a NT, the player that is currently doing a poor job at that position, (equivelent to Albert) would likely become depth, or be released.

So, by that logic, by drafting at any of those positions, you are drafting depth players in the top five of the first round, or maybe even nothing at all, if we cut the previous player.

Therefor, when you tell me that I am essentially drafting a starting OG, I feel like the smartest guy in the world. Where you want to draft a backup or even nothing at all, I am getting a bonafide starter.

I am ok with that.

However, since we seem to be preparing to stick with the cheap-shot blocking scheme, and talent is irrelevant to blockers, Albert will be just fine.

Regardless of how often they ran the ball, when they did it, only The Chargers did it less effectively.

They had an average of 3.5 yards per carry. This ranked them ahead of only The San Diego Chargers. Out of 32 teams, they were ranked tied for 30th/31st.
    We'll have to agree to disagree about zone-blocking requiring talent. A 290 lb lineman can't power block, much like a 350 lb lineman can't zone block. It's a discussion for another thread...

But we agree about Albert. He's being paid a guard's salary to play LT, and when his contract rolls around again I don't want to have to dish out a monster deal just to keep him if he's playing mediocre LT. Pioli showed last year that he's all about positional value, so I have a hard time believing we'll take Berry, as much as I like him and have been pimping him all season.

Come April 22, I fully expect Bryan Bulaga to be a Kansas City Chief.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Im happy with this signing! Guess I dont need a update anymore! He was brought to our team during a line that moved and motioned! Looks like we are going back to it now! He is young and mobile! good sign imo!

You know how I said I wasn't very familiar with Lilja and that I'm nuetral on the signing? Well after reading this article I know the whole story about him being a former Chief back in his rookie year. Now that I know all about it I think it was a good signing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234