Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bowe is not a bust.

I cant wait to see what Charley wiess can do with him. Its going to be great i hope. GO CHIEFS

im excited im a huge bowe fan hes gonna light it up this year, bowe chambers and long in the slot i think we do have a wr group thats gonna compete, plus have a great running duo we need to solidify our line and gotta get a tight end

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I think it was hard for every player last year. New coaches, new schemes...maybe they didn't respect the coaches under Haley, and maybe they didn't even respect Haley last year, but Haley is earning the respect. I think Haley must have earned a little respect before the Denver game at the end of the year, cause they played their hearts out.

They had no reason to win, other than for Glory of the coach, themselves and beating a division rival and kicking them out of the playoffs.

This year is going to be a great year as long as Bowe wants to play and win. Charley Wiess
    Bravo has to be the one of the top posts i have ever read here. Insiteful, truthful, and intelligent.

I've been excited about Bowe since the Chiefs drafted him, and I still have faith in him to develop into a top receiver. He has proven talent IMO, including stats to back it up, and I've seen him make some awesome catches/plays. He's still young. There have been many stressful & abnormal circumstances for the entire team to endure recently, that affected every player negatively in one way or another, some more than others depending upon position.

Once the Chiefs are back in sync as a normal functioning football team, including with traditional assistant coaching in place, O line improved, Cassell being allowed time he needs for more accuracy & control, fans not booing, etc....I'm hopeful Bowe will prevail along with the entire Chiefs team.

Reminders on Bowe prior to the shake up of CP resigning & the Chiefs team turned inside out more or less:

In his rookie season, Bowe led all first-year receivers in receptions (70), yards (995), and touchdowns (6). His reception and yardage totals set franchise records for Chiefs' rookie receivers. Bowe also set the team's single-game rookie receiving record with 164 yards against the San Diego Chargers on September 30, 2007. Bowe was in contention for the Rookie of the Year Award for his performance in 2007 (the award was eventually given to Minnesota Vikings halfback Adrian Peterson).

In the Chiefs first game of the 2008 season, Bowe recorded five receptions for forty–nine yards, but he also dropped 4 passes, including a game–tying catch in the endzone on first and goal.[4] He went on to obtain 1,022 yards receiving and ended the season 10th in the NFL with 86 receptions (the same number of receptions Jerry Rice had in his second year, though he earned more yards). In his last game of the 2008 season Bowe gained 103 yards with 10 receptions.

We all know what happened in 2009, haha. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Per ProFootballFocus, Marques Colston dropped 10 balls this season - would you call him a bust? Bowe dropped 9, btw.

I don't think he's a bust, but I do think we need an insurance plan past this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
    Per ProFootballFocus, Marques Colston dropped 10 balls this season - would you call him a bust? Bowe dropped 9, btw.
    Colston was also a seventh round pick..vs Bowe being a first round who should burn almost everyone.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Colston was also a seventh round pick..vs Bowe being a first round who should burn almost everyone.
    Bowe isn't a burner/athletic receiver. He a nice big possession one. Think Terrell Owens, not Randy Moss.

Bowe has been a fine 1st round pick. He's played with a bunch of noodle-armed QBs and two OCs in three years. He still a 1000 yard receiver. What were you expecting? Give Cassel an OL to make him a real QB. Give Bowe a real QB and he's a pro bowler.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Bowe isn't a burner/athletic receiver. He a nice big possession one. Think Terrell Owens, not Randy Moss.

Bowe has been a fine 1st round pick. He's played with a bunch of noodle-armed QBs and two OCs in three years. He still a 1000 yard receiver. What were you expecting? Give Cassel an OL to make him a real QB. Give Bowe a real QB and he's a pro bowler.
    Its not the YAC, its actaully catching the ball. He should have very low drops.

Bowe's problem is he wants to show off before he does anything.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

He will have a good year in 2010.Get Shipley to play slot Reciever.Then you will have Bowe,Chambers Shipley,Charles and Jones,and a much improved O-line.Can you say playoffs.Fix a few holes on D-Fense.We will be fine Chiefs Fans.Write my prediction down.10-6 and beat everyone in are division twice baby.Write it down.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast