Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bowe is not a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by kckidd8870 View Post
    He will have a good year in 2010.Get Shipley to play slot Reciever.Then you will have Bowe,Chambers Shipley,Charles and Jones,and a much improved O-line.Can you say playoffs.Fix a few holes on D-Fense.We will be fine Chiefs Fans.Write my prediction down.10-6 and beat everyone in are division twice baby.Write it down.
    realistically...i dont see us sweeping every team in our division...maybe the raiders...but sweeping the chargers is a stretch...

I agree,if D-Bowe will just go out and do his job.Not try to be this big star.Just play the game and make his catches.Not try to be some kinda super star.He will be really good.Maybe even the star he wan'ts to be.He is pressing to much and trying to be this cool guy.Call yourself the Show.Will this is the Show-me state.So show us Bowe.Make us believers.I know you can do it and you know you can do it.So Show me .GO CHIEFS

That is alot of these athletes problems now days.There egos get in the way.Not enough hard work and dedication.There not as dedicated any more.They want the money but don't want to show up on game day.For that matter don't want to do what it takes to prepare themselfs.They think they are better than everyone.That is why some of the average player end up being better,because they have to work harder at it.The one's that are naturally gifted atheletes stomble some times.They don't think they have to work to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by kckidd8870 View Post
    That is alot of these athletes problems now days.There egos get in the way.Not enough hard work and dedication.There not as dedicated any more.They want the money but don't want to show up on game day.For that matter don't want to do what it takes to prepare themselfs.They think they are better than everyone.That is why some of the average player end up being better,because they have to work harder at it.The one's that are naturally gifted atheletes stomble some times.They don't think they have to work to get better.
    Good post. I can think of 3 guys without huge egos who are in the top 10 (maybe 5) of WRs:

1.) Larry Fitzgerald
    2.) Andre Johnson
    3.) Anquan Boldin

All of these guys are workhorses. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind if your ****y like Ochocinco, but put in the same amount of work as him to get to his level.

Boldin has the ego he just goes out and backs it up

Quote Originally Posted by Fansincebirth View Post
    Boldin has the ego he just goes out and backs it up
    Ehh it's not as bad as some though. He gets a bad rap b/c he wanted to get paid the same as Fitz, which he did deserve. I love how he was going to try to play the week after he broke his jaw and they had to take his stuff out of his locker.

That is the best thing about him. His toughness and the fact that even though he wasn't really happy there he went out and played his heart out every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Ehh it's not as bad as some though. He gets a bad rap b/c he wanted to get paid the same as Fitz, which he did deserve. I love how he was going to try to play the week after he broke his jaw and they had to take his stuff out of his locker.
    Hate to disagree again but IMO Boldin doesn't deserve the kind of money Fitz got. The reason....his style! He is a beast across the middle thereby leading to injury. A LOT of injuries! He has been taken out of more games due to injury than you could imagine. I love the guy don't get me wrong but he is simply not the threat that Fitz is. This is why he didn't get the money he wanted from Az OR Baltimore. I would bet he doesn't play in all 16 this year either based on past history. He is a bit of a cry baby but plays the game like it should be played and is incredible off the field with the community.

Well back to Bowe, I don't think he is a bust in terms of being a quality receiver, but he is not playing up to what we had all hoped would have been the value of a first round pick.

I am also a little more than miffed at him for his substance abuse, he knows better than that, and these guys have probably forgotten more about conditioning than most of the rest of us will ever know. He should have been able to meet his goals without using a substance.

Bowe put up some good numbers, but think about the numbers he would have had without all the drops. Now I have gone on the record defending Bowe's numbers before, but this last season was really going over the top.

The thing to remember is this, when we had Gonzales, there was almost guaranteed to be a double team on him, teams had to do it. Now, we really do not have a receiver of that calibre, so if a team double teams Bowe or Chambers, then it is pretty much a done deal that nothing is going to happen on the pass play. Additionally, when we had Johnson running the ball, most teams just had to double up on him to shut down the run. In which case, the pass got even tougher because there was no real threat running the ball.

With Charles running, teams will have to take us a little more seriously now, give Cassel a little more time and that should allow Chambers to break away from a double team and hopefully allow the slower Bowe to properly position himself.

I think this year will be a better year for our receivers if they can hang on the ball when thrown to them.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Well back to Bowe, I don't think he is a bust in terms of being a quality receiver, but he is not playing up to what we had all hoped would have been the value of a first round pick.

I am also a little more than miffed at him for his substance abuse, he knows better than that, and these guys have probably forgotten more about conditioning than most of the rest of us will ever know. He should have been able to meet his goals without using a substance.

Bowe put up some good numbers, but think about the numbers he would have had without all the drops. Now I have gone on the record defending Bowe's numbers before, but this last season was really going over the top.

The thing to remember is this, when we had Gonzales, there was almost guaranteed to be a double team on him, teams had to do it. Now, we really do not have a receiver of that calibre, so if a team double teams Bowe or Chambers, then it is pretty much a done deal that nothing is going to happen on the pass play. Additionally, when we had Johnson running the ball, most teams just had to double up on him to shut down the run. In which case, the pass got even tougher because there was no real threat running the ball.

With Charles running, teams will have to take us a little more seriously now, give Cassel a little more time and that should allow Chambers to break away from a double team and hopefully allow the slower Bowe to properly position himself.

I think this year will be a better year for our receivers if they can hang on the ball when thrown to them.
    I personally don't think he will ever live up to the expectations that some had for him on or off the field. He is a showboater and wants to be on SportsCenter every night! He gets alligator arms on catches in the middle therefore leading to a lot of those dropped balls.

Now with the addition of a couple more decent receivers, I expect him to be crying about lack of catches before the season is over. I hope I'm wrong here but this just seems like the path he is on to me. He has the talent for certain and could be a great threat but until he gets the Ochocinco out of his head, he will continue to be avg at best IMO.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast