Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: defense,defense,defense.

Default defense,defense,defense.

our chiefs must get better on defense if were going to take the afc west crown. im thinking with the resent additions to the offense. pioli may be looking to get some defensive help in the draft. atleast im hoping so.. berry #1 mount cody #2a spikes #2b then start adding gaurd center type players in rounds 3 and 4

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Besides the fact that the money for the #5 draft spot would also make him the highest paid safety in the league without having played a single snap.
    Berry would be the highes paid in his position,but IMO also would be the biggest and best game changer the chiefs could pick up.

I wouldn't have a problem with Okung, Bulaga, or McClain( If we don't get McClain we'll be playing against him every time we play the donkeys)

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Too many people want Berry.
    A few facts. No safety taken in the top ten in the last 20 years has performed as projected. The last safety drafted in the top ten that was a consistant probowler was 1987 and that was Rod Woodson, who didn't become a stud until he was switched to CB.
    Now if you really want to take a risk of setting the rebuilding process back 4 or 5 years, lets draft Berry.
    befor you get all excited about that there have only been 9 in the last 20 years. Most of which have had great careers. 18 pro bowls, 2 def. rockie of the year, and 4 of them have less than 4 years in the league. Two died in their prime. Dont let blind stats fool you. The success rate of a top 10 safety is much higher than at QB. If our QB situation was as bad as our saftey situation was last year, you wouldnt be saying "dont take a chance on Bradford or Clauson. You also wouldnt be worried that he would get top money for never taking a snap. BTW this should show us all the importance of having a rookie cap.

im up for us taking a play maker, i want berry then draft needs behind, gotta get a inside linebacker and a nose tackle, if we pick up lilja i get the feeling we won't take a o linemen with the first. i say get a o lineman steal later in the draft get us two good defensive guys and a tight end

like to see berry first and with any luck we could get pouncy with 2a and Cam Thomas with 2b but dont think they will be there for those picks

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    As I agree, we need to also focus on offense, because we were worst on 3rd down conversions and I believe we were also the team with the most 3 and outs.

It doesn't sound like it would affect the defense but it does. They are out there, then they are back out there in a few mins after they stopped a long drive.

Time of possession for our offense is futile.
    Agree!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Berry would be the highes paid in his position,but IMO also would be the biggest and best game changer the chiefs could pick up.

I wouldn't have a problem with Okung, Bulaga, or McClain( If we don't get McClain we'll be playing against him every time we play the donkeys)
    Thats why we need try to either trade out of the top 5 or never play that bad again.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I don't care how they do it.Just build a championship D-fense Baby.Trade out of the 5 spot draft lower and get Mt. Cody and pick up another draft pick.Then get the best ILB with like Spikes 2a 2b get the best wr available.I don't care what anyone thinks.Call me crazy but I really like Dez Briscoe at 2b.If we trade out of the 5 spot we might even get another second pick.That would be cool.
    Last edited by kckidd8870; 03-14-2010 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Too many people want Berry.
    A few facts. No safety taken in the top ten in the last 20 years has performed as projected. The last safety drafted in the top ten that was a consistant probowler was 1987 and that was Rod Woodson, who didn't become a stud until he was switched to CB.
    Now if you really want to take a risk of setting the rebuilding process back 4 or 5 years, lets draft Berry.
    Sean Taylor was well on his way until his unfortunate death.

Taylor was an amazing player, and the only other one drafted top 10 i can think of in the last while (Michael Huff) was on the Raiders, who are terrible. Its a QB league now, and a game changing safety like Reed, Polamalu, 09 Sharper, etc, combined with a good defensive line and decent offense+rushing attack will win championships, its that simple...

And you know he would dominate the QBs in our division...

Quote Originally Posted by Fansincebirth View Post
    befor you get all excited about that there have only been 9 in the last 20 years. Most of which have had great careers. 18 pro bowls, 2 def. rockie of the year, and 4 of them have less than 4 years in the league. Two died in their prime. Dont let blind stats fool you. The success rate of a top 10 safety is much higher than at QB. If our QB situation was as bad as our saftey situation was last year, you wouldnt be saying "dont take a chance on Bradford or Clauson. You also wouldnt be worried that he would get top money for never taking a snap. BTW this should show us all the importance of having a rookie cap.
    Would you mind naming those that have had great careers. No safety drafted in the top ten in last 20 years has gone on to have a GREAT career.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast