Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: defense,defense,defense.

Default defense,defense,defense.

our chiefs must get better on defense if were going to take the afc west crown. im thinking with the resent additions to the offense. pioli may be looking to get some defensive help in the draft. atleast im hoping so.. berry #1 mount cody #2a spikes #2b then start adding gaurd center type players in rounds 3 and 4

As I agree, we need to also focus on offense, because we were worst on 3rd down conversions and I believe we were also the team with the most 3 and outs.

It doesn't sound like it would affect the defense but it does. They are out there, then they are back out there in a few mins after they stopped a long drive.

Time of possession for our offense is futile.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Pass rush pass rush pass rush to me thats the main need on d. if we get a pass rush the rest will look better.

I believe that we have made some strides to our Oline already and will address them more in the draft. Offensively, we need a playmaking WR (a burner) and a reliable handed TE. Special teams, we need a guys like Arenas from Alabama (love that guy!) and defensively we could use another lineman, an ILB and a Strong safety. If we can obtain those 5 starters through the draft and free agency, we will already be twice the team we were in 09.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Pass rush pass rush pass rush to me thats the main need on d. if we get a pass rush the rest will look better.
    I think it all starts with stopping the run. The last 5 weeks of the season the Chiefs gave up 1024 yards.

And it was aginst 3 teams that didn't even make the playoffs. Denver, Buffalo, Cleveland, Cincy.

The Chiefs ranked 31st in the league against the run last year. Why would teams pass when they could gouge us for a 4.7yd/att. season average?

This team needs a NT and thumper ILB to stop the run way worse than we need an OLB or DE to rush the passer.

im with you OP, its time this DEF in Kansas City starts getting nasty. BER-RY BER-RY BER-RY

i actually thought the offense was pretty good the last few weeks of the season? having a rushing attack really helps lol. We do need another receiver who actually catches the ball though. The line just needs more experience, and to get better. maybe another body or two would certainly help. Most drops in the NFL = you need receiving help. That can come from WR, but I would LOVE to grab the TE from USC in round 4....i think he is just all that and a bag of chips....

I will echo everything Coach said too. a NT and ILB would do wonders for the defense and ultimately team....
    Last edited by KottkeKU; 03-14-2010 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpkchiefs View Post
    our chiefs must get better on defense if were going to take the afc west crown. im thinking with the resent additions to the offense. pioli may be looking to get some defensive help in the draft. atleast im hoping so.. berry #1 mount cody #2a spikes #2b then start adding gaurd center type players in rounds 3 and 4
    I would be OK with that draft.

If Iupati somehow fell to our 2a pick, then you'd have to take him. Then come back and get a NT with 2b.

Too many people want Berry.
    A few facts. No safety taken in the top ten in the last 20 years has performed as projected. The last safety drafted in the top ten that was a consistant probowler was 1987 and that was Rod Woodson, who didn't become a stud until he was switched to CB.
    Now if you really want to take a risk of setting the rebuilding process back 4 or 5 years, lets draft Berry.

I just want them to take Berry with #1

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Too many people want Berry.
    A few facts. No safety taken in the top ten in the last 20 years has performed as projected. The last safety drafted in the top ten that was a consistant probowler was 1987 and that was Rod Woodson, who didn't become a stud until he was switched to CB.
    Now if you really want to take a risk of setting the rebuilding process back 4 or 5 years, lets draft Berry.
    Besides the fact that the money for the #5 draft spot would also make him the highest paid safety in the league without having played a single snap.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast