Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Let's play, "would you do it?" (trades)

Default Let's play, "would you do it?" (trades)

Propose trades.

I'll start.

(A)
    We get:
    ILB James Laurinitis AND
    (pick) #33 overall

We give:
    Glenn Dorsey

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Would you do it?
    Giants gets Derrick Johnson
    Chiefs gets Giants 2nd rd pick

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Would you do it?
    Giants gets Derrick Johnson
    Chiefs gets Giants 2nd rd pick

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Here is another one:

B. Waters for an early 3rd round pick.
    n
    For sure. BW only has 1-2 years left in the tank. Get some value while you can. Unfortunately nobody is going to pay that much for a G that can only help their team for 1-2 yrs.

If I had to guess BW's value, I would say 5th-6th round. For that kind of pick, I wouldn't do it.

Would you trade:

Dorsey and pick 2a

for

Calvin Johnson
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    Would you trade:

Dorsey and pick 2a

for

Calvin Johnson
    As awesome as it would be to have Calvin, i just don't think we should give up that much for him at this point in our rebuilding...kind of hard to explain here but lets say we go 8-8 this year and Dorsey doesn't improve much and this offer is still there then I prob do it. But at this point I'd rather give Dorsey another year to develop under a good defensive coordinator and draft a solid prospect with 2a (maybe Golden Tate or A. Benn will drop to us there).

Just my gut feeling.

I here you man. I was just thinking, the Lions do want Dorsey, he's better in a 4-3 and most likely Gerald McCoy or Suh would be available to us at #5 if this trade went through. Can you imagine Megatron and Bowe?!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    I here you man. I was just thinking, the Lions do want Dorsey, he's better in a 4-3 and most likely Gerald McCoy or Suh would be available to us at #5 if this trade went through. Can you imagine Megatron and Bowe?!
    Very true...Megatron, Bowe, and Chambers would be sick. Not to mention Lance Long, haha. But I feel like if we draft Suh/McCoy it'd be like drafting Dorsey all over again. They're all "can't miss" prospects but still need time to develop. And none of the 3 seem perfect for the 3-4 defense.

Plus if Dorsey does really develop but still doesn't quite fit our scheme next year he'd probably have great trade value for us.

Quinten Gaither - giving up too much for not a big upgrade over Albert.

DJ for a 2nd - Absolutely. there will be legit talent that falls to the second round.

Dorsey for a second and laurenaitis - yes.

dorsey and our second for megatron - daaaaaamn that's a tough one. i'd say yes. calvin johnson is going to be one of the premier wide recievers in the league this year. It is a MASSIVE upgrade over Bowe, and is one of the best things we could do for Cassel. Of course, that means that detroit would take okung, leaving suh, mccoy, clausen, berry on the board. washington takes either berry or clausen (would have taken Okung). that leaves us suh, mccoy, and either berry or clausen. We are in a real pickle now. none of those players are right for us. We would have to try and trade down or reach on Bulaga/Campbell/Davis.

How about this one? Dorsey for the 32nd overall pick (saints) and their third?

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post

DJ for a 2nd - Absolutely. there will be legit talent that falls to the second round.

dorsey and our second for megatron - daaaaaamn that's a tough one. i'd say yes. calvin johnson is going to be one of the premier wide recievers in the league this year. It is a MASSIVE upgrade over Bowe, and is one of the best things we could do for Cassel. Of course, that means that detroit would take okung, leaving suh, mccoy, clausen, berry on the board. washington takes either berry or clausen (would have taken Okung). that leaves us suh, mccoy, and either berry or clausen. We are in a real pickle now. none of those players are right for us. We would have to try and trade down or reach on Bulaga/Campbell/Davis.

That's basically a 2nd and a 4th. too low

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post

I think I'd take that deal. At this point, I'm not sure if Dorsey's value warrants a 1st round grade.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast