Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what we need to do

Default what we need to do

i think that drafting an offensive lineman isn't out of the question, but its at center not tackle. We just signed ryan lilja so we might not even need to get a guard unless your looking for the future replacement of waters.
    I say draft eric berry in the first round and if hes not there then draft ronaldo mcclain. It would look like this-
    1-Berry
    2-jerry hughes/sergio Kindle
    2b-cam thomas
    3-mardy gilyard/demyarious thomas
    4-Myron rolle
    5-anthony carter
    5-speedy wide reciever/kick returner
    5-NT

I dont know about you, but i would be very happy with that outcome
    Last edited by moshak; 03-16-2010 at 01:54 PM.

the reason why i picked two safeties is because we desperatley need both. Also, we need depth at nose tackle.
    I think if this were to happen it would solve many problems.

I really don't think Berry will be the guy at Number 5. Pioli caught us by surprise last year and I keep trying to think of someone that could be that guy this year. How about Graham, OLB, Michigan. He's going to be a probowler and with Vrabel to mentor him for a year, he would be ready to go in 2011. Just a thought.
    Hughes is a strong pass rusher, but not to good at the point of attack. I'm not real high on him.

I think if the Chiefs don't take OL in 1st rd, they have to spend at least 1 of the 2nd rd picks on the OL.

Other than that, I love some of the names you have on your board.

I would love to see us draft javier arenas as our kick returner. He is an incredible return man and would add some depth at the CB position. We may be able to snag him in the 5th.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I think if the Chiefs don't take OL in 1st rd, they have to spend at least 1 of the 2nd rd picks on the OL.

Other than that, I love some of the names you have on your board.

Berry in the 1st, or McClain (for God's sake I hope they don't take Pierre-Paul)

if that kid Saffold from IU is still there in the 2nd I say we jump on him.

Then with the other 2nd rounder either Cody if he's there or Cam Thomas at NT or we go for Bowe's replacement with Demaryius Thomas out of Georgia Tech.

McClain is a very good linebacker. What kinda scares me about him is his Crones. I really don't want to take a guy with a medical condition.

I'm not sold on Berry either.

Javier isn't bad either but I really think he could be a nickle or dime package guy not a starter at corner for a while. As for kick returners we can sign a undrafted kid that would be a better Dante Hall esk KR like Trendon Holliday from LSU (track star too) Brandon James out of UF. Not trying to gator it up but there are better guys that we could get for cheap with out wasting a pick just to return kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by g8rb8t View Post
    McClain is a very good linebacker. What kinda scares me about him is his Crones. I really don't want to take a guy with a medical condition.

I'm not sold on Berry either.

Javier isn't bad either but I really think he could be a nickle or dime package guy not a starter at corner for a while. As for kick returners we can sign a undrafted kid that would be a better Dante Hall esk KR like Trendon Holliday from LSU (track star too) Brandon James out of UF. Not trying to gator it up but there are better guys that we could get for cheap with out wasting a pick just to return kicks.
    WHat's not to be sold on about Berry?

Physically he wasn't too far behind Mays at the combine, and his strong points have been technique and instincts.

People point out the fact that he didn't make a lot of plays last season, but thats because he was essentially a LB in that Kiffin always had him playing in the box

Kiffen had to play him in the box due to the weak LB core and DLine at UT.

Hes a 1st round talent but not a top 5 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by moshak View Post
    the reason why i picked two safeties is because we desperatley need both. Also, we need depth at nose tackle.
    I think if this were to happen it would solve many problems.
    Have you forgotten about Page?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast