Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting article...

Default Interesting article...

This is a good article I though everyone might enjoy. It also mentions something about Cassel's contract which I wasn't aware of. Drafting Claussen is definitely not out of the picture (don't misunderstand, I didn't say I wanted them to draft him).

How Wiegmann, Jones, and Potentially Lilja Shape the Chiefs' Draft (and What it Could Mean for Matt Cassel) - Arrowhead Pride
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Ok I found something to back up my previous statement about dropped passes. we in fact did lead the league in this category.
    washingtonpost.com

27 drops between Bowe(11) Bradley(9) and Wade(7) I'm sure there were a few others. But the real problem on Cassels' stat. line is yds/comp.= 5.9. Anyway, rounding the dropped balls to 30 and keeping the 5.9 per completion his woulda-coulda-shoulda completion rate goes to 60.85 and his QB rating would go to 76.4- roughly. I'm glad to see the management addressing the o-line, but I say if(fat chance) Okung is there take him, and at minimum take a o-lineman with one of two 2nd rnd picks. Our line looks good on paper now, but we need to keep the pipeline full. Waters will not be there much longer. Wiegmann is no spring chicken either. Love to have him back though

Im not a fan of cassel, havent been since before he arrived. that being said, they didnt pay him like they did so he can be replaced in his second year. Cassel is our QB, regardless of his ability or lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Ok I found something to back up my previous statement about dropped passes. we in fact did lead the league in this category.
    washingtonpost.com

27 drops between Bowe(11) Bradley(9) and Wade(7) I'm sure there were a few others. But the real problem on Cassels' stat. line is yds/comp.= 5.9. Anyway, rounding the dropped balls to 30 and keeping the 5.9 per completion his woulda-coulda-shoulda completion rate goes to 60.85 and his QB rating would go to 76.4- roughly. I'm glad to see the management addressing the o-line, but I say if(fat chance) Okung is there take him, and at minimum take a o-lineman with one of two 2nd rnd picks. Our line looks good on paper now, but we need to keep the pipeline full. Waters will not be there much longer. Wiegmann is no spring chicken either. Love to have him back though
    Yeah, we led the league in dropped passes but ut was more like 48 according to this site:

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/tmleaders...e=NFL&rank=232

Part of Cassel's short completion rating comes from the fact that he had dump the ball off to his safety valve so many times. Then considering most of these guys couldn't run past a yard when they caught it, there was very little yards after catch which I think we were 26th.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

why would the team invest $63 Million in Cassel and then draft a 1st round QB that's going to cost twice that?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12