Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DT Gerald McCoy KC #5 pick?

Default DT Gerald McCoy KC #5 pick?

Per the Bleacher report,
    2010 NFL Mock Draft V. 3: Browns Pass on Sam Bradford, Dez Bryant Goes South | Bleacher Report
    No. 5 – Kansas City Chiefs – Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
    The Chiefs could go with Berry here, but instead GM Scott Pioli decides to solidify the middle of his defensive line for the foreseeable future.

I am ok with this because he is a huge man inside a line needing just that however, that is a new man trying to stop the best RBs in the world each week . He could be a good pick for us as it has been a need for our DL for some time now.
    How does everyone feel towards this pick?
    Chiefs Nation

I think it would make no sense because we've taken defensive ends in the top 5 the past two years. McCoy is a DE in a 3-4.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I think it would make no sense because we've taken defensive ends in the top 5 the past two years. McCoy is a DE in a 3-4.
    They do have him listed as DT but, I didn't pay much attention to the Oklahoma State defense . I am assuming by your reply he is from a 4/3 scheme instead of 3/4.
    Chiefs Nation

There are only a few college football teams who run any 3-4, Oklahoma not being one of them. But McCoy is like 6'4" 295 or something, so he is not big enough to play nose tackle. He is actually similar to Glenn Dorsey in play style in that he's a penetrator type DT. He best fits in a 4-3. If we took B.J. Raji last year to play NT, McCoy would have been the perfect pick this year in Jackson's place.

I doubt very seriously that McCoy will fall to us. I don't forsee the Lions and Bucs both passing on him. If he is available though and Berry is as well, I'd go with Berry as he fits a team need.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    I doubt very seriously that McCoy will fall to us. I don't forsee the Lions and Bucs both passing on him. If he is available though and Berry is as well, I'd go with Berry as he fits a team need.
    With how much more Okung's stock has gone up since the combine, the Lions could very well be targeting him, and with all signs pointing to Bradford at the one spot, the odds of McCoy falling past the 5 spot are actually really high.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    Romeo Crennel was at the Berry Pro day and while doing drills with Romeo Berry limped off the field after his second run through then returned with ankle supports and tennis shoes on as well as showing a limp. Last thing we need is to draft a bust with our first pick whether he fits or not.
    Chiefs Nation

Quote Originally Posted by endzonewillie View Post
    Romeo Crennel was at the Berry Pro day and while doing drills with Romeo Berry limped off the field after his second run through then returned with ankle supports and tennis shoes on as well as showing a limp. Last thing we need is to draft a bust with our first pick whether he fits or not.
    I'm not in the Berry camp, but come on. Berry hit a hole on the practice field and sprained a big toe. In a Game they would they would tape it and he would keep playing. He was taken out of the drills simple as a precaution. No big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    I'm not in the Berry camp, but come on. Berry hit a hole on the practice field and sprained a big toe. In a Game they would they would tape it and he would keep playing. He was taken out of the drills simple as a precaution. No big deal.
    I am more than ever! I think drafting would be a great move!!! As I've already said in other threads!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    I am more than ever! I think drafting would be a great move!!! As I've already said in other threads!
    I want be disappointed if we do draft him. He is a good player and could help us. But then again so could Okung, McClain or Williams. Personnaly I think it will be another surprise just like last year. Maybe Graham, OLB, Michigan/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast