Thread: Carolina Vs. Kansas City

Default Carolina Vs. Kansas City

Who watched the game? What the heck happened?!

Default Re: Carolina Vs. Kansas City

Let's see what I can take away from the Carolina game that was positive before I pounce on the Chiefs like every other KC fan is doing at this point. It was nice to see the Chiefs force a team to punt. Carolina punted 6 times on Sunday, which is 4 more times than the prior two opponents combined(Indy and Denver). They actually stopped somebody on 3rd down. The punting game has also improved over last year. And it is a good thing since the offense isn't moving the ball.

I think the Carolina matchup was a winnable game but the Chiefs just had way too many mistakes. Bad 4&1 decisions, turnovers, dropped balls, and how many tackles can one team miss in a single game. The Chiefs have a bad habit of trying to strip the ball on every play instead of just trying to tackle people. Watch for it in the next game.

Things are not looking particularly bright right now obviously. I'm hoping this Eric Hicks situation with the reporter will get the defense fired up. Hopefully the Chiefs defensel realizes they are the laughing stock of the NFL. Runnig backs all over the league must salivate when seeing the Chiefs on their schedule. If it weren't bad enough, Eric Warfield was arrested for drunken driving early Monday morning. This would be the third time Warfield has faced this charge in the past three years. Per Kansas law, a third drunken driving charge is a felony that comes with a sentence of up to a year in jail. He was the only defensive player that shouldn't have been hanging his head on Sunday.

Where the Chiefs go from here is anybody's guess. Let's hope they have enough self respect to come out and play a great game against the Texans. They'll have a good test against Dominick Davis who already has 330 rushing/receiving yards this year. All of which came against defenses that are much better than the Chiefs. Let's hope the receivers can get healthy enough to get open. Let's hope that the special teams can block long enough for Dante Hall to be able to return a kick. Let's hope that Dick can rally the troops against Houston on Sunday to revive this season. Let's hope, because that is all we have at this point.

Default Re: Carolina Vs. Kansas City

Its great to hear that the chiefs actually stopped someone on third down and made them punt. But they really need to learn how to wrap up and tackle the runningbacks. The runningbacks are making the chiefs look like FOOLS. Things aren't going are way but hopefully they'll improve.
    Go Chiefs!!! :hammer: ......