Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I used to like Vermeil

Default I used to like Vermeil

Until this... yuck:

"While popular opinion might suggest that Johnson was brought to town to back up Clinton Portis, one of Johnson's former coaches has a bold prediction. "He will take over the running back position," said Dick Vermeil, who coached Johnson in Kansas City from 2003 to '05. "That's what I think. He'll push that guy right out of a job." Reported by the Washington Post

The Redskins signed Johnson last week to a three-year contract. Portis, who missed the final eight games last season after suffering a season-ending concussion, returns for his ninth NFL season. He's been the Redskins' starter since joining the team in 2004. Though he's two years older than Portis, Johnson has 755 fewer carries. While the two might begin training camp sharing the workload, Vermeil expects Johnson to open eyes at practice. He says Johnson helped push Priest Holmes, the Chiefs' incumbent running back in Kansas City seven years ago, and Vermeil says he'll push Portis now -- until he surpasses him."
    -tg1979

Quote Originally Posted by tg1979 View Post
    LJ in general just makes me mad, therefore anyone who supports him makes me mad as well, lol. Plus I've always liked Portis for some reason, I'd hate to see him replaced by the likes of Johnson.
    Dick ain't supporting him, he is just laying it out how it is. Portis is going to lose his job because of injuries.

I can't stand either back. Portis was a Bronco. Once a donk, always a donk. Except Kennison.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    4 games is not a season. This is in fact why they went and got TJ. Charles is simply not built to be an every down back.
    I dont no if Charles is an every down back either. I think that he could be. He has to prove that he can be for a full season something that he will get his chance to do this season. Something that i am excited to see if he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    You argue things that are never going to happen (if LJ stayed here he would have 1500yards and 15+tds) so that you can say you are right all day, but when I ask you to speculate on someting that will happen (LJs totals for next season) there is no answer. Obviously comparing LJ and Charles is apples and Oranges. LJ is a beast up the middle. Charles is fast and can get the outside way quicker than LJ, catches better than LJ but they are two different types of backs so i wouldn't bother comparing them that way. Charles however bring a much better attitude to the team and the running game improved drastically when Charles replaced LJ. Personally Im glad we kept Charles and dumped LJ and of course picked up Jones. Our running game (and team) is much better off now than we would be had we kept LJ.
    Dude this is where you are sooooo of base! I'm not arguing. I'm simply voicing my opinion. As I said, speculation is part of every human beings life. Period! I guess I missed your question but just found it. I'm not really sure what he will do this season. I guess it depends on Portis' health. He will probably start the season as the back up. Tough to "speculate" on a players 1st season with a new team no matter what the position but I'km guessing he will get 500-600 yds with 4 or 5 TD's as a back up.

LJ is an a$$.
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    LJ is an a$$.
    Since we came to the conclusion, this thread is now usless.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I would suggest that Vermeil knows LJ as well or better then any other coach that coached him, and may well be correct; just as he was correct in his assessment that LJ needed to take off his diapers and put on big boy undies; something he has yet to do IMO. So, having thus said I, also, believe that LJ will more then likely wear out his welcome no matter where he goes.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 03-18-2010 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Dick ain't supporting him, he is just laying it out how it is. Portis is going to lose his job because of injuries.

I can't stand either back. Portis was a Bronco. Once a donk, always a donk. Except Kennison.

Read the post again. I wasn't speaking of the numbers he will produce this year.
    Still, no. He wouldn't touch 15 tds if it had 100 millin attached to it. His best years are past him. His last good year was 4 years ago. I haven't looked up the stats, and I'm a stat guy--name me one guy that has had 15 tds and 1500 yards over 30 yrs old. Unheard of? I thought so.

Dude this is where you are sooooo of base! I'm not arguing. I'm simply voicing my opinion. As I said, speculation is part of every human beings life. Period! I guess I missed your question but just found it. I'm not really sure what he will do this season. I guess it depends on Portis' health. He will probably start the season as the back up. Tough to "speculate" on a players 1st season with a new team no matter what the position but I'km guessing he will get 500-600 yds with 4 or 5 TD's as a back up.
    So behind our line he would have 1000 more yards and 10 more tds? You're blind fellow Chiefs fan. Now your arguments that the left side of our line is the weakest, as you've posted in every other thread, are meaningless. I've never agreed, and your latest sentiments show us all how off base you are.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast