Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: I used to like Vermeil

Default I used to like Vermeil

Until this... yuck:

"While popular opinion might suggest that Johnson was brought to town to back up Clinton Portis, one of Johnson's former coaches has a bold prediction. "He will take over the running back position," said Dick Vermeil, who coached Johnson in Kansas City from 2003 to '05. "That's what I think. He'll push that guy right out of a job." Reported by the Washington Post

The Redskins signed Johnson last week to a three-year contract. Portis, who missed the final eight games last season after suffering a season-ending concussion, returns for his ninth NFL season. He's been the Redskins' starter since joining the team in 2004. Though he's two years older than Portis, Johnson has 755 fewer carries. While the two might begin training camp sharing the workload, Vermeil expects Johnson to open eyes at practice. He says Johnson helped push Priest Holmes, the Chiefs' incumbent running back in Kansas City seven years ago, and Vermeil says he'll push Portis now -- until he surpasses him."
    -tg1979

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Ok, I'm going to agree with you that the right side of the line is better. I was more trying to point out how ridiculous it was to say LJ would have 1500 yards and 15 TDs behind our line, but 1000 yards less and 10 less TDs behind the Redskins line. That, and a had a few too many for St. Patty's day. So sorry for the personal attack, completely wrong by me.

As for me being a newb, I joined in September, 2008 as you can see--one month after you. Was August the cutoff to not be a newb? Haha, I'm mostly kidding.

BTW, I got some family in Scottsdale, love that area.

Fair enough, still not 15 TDs.

Almost there...

You bolded what I said, yet still posted this...I said more classy. Not that difficult of a task when LJ is your competition.

Tiki was smart to retire before he hit wall. Granted, he didn't get some cash, but he probably didn't want to completely wreck his body. He missed out on a SB ring by 1 year though!
    No worries at all bud! We all like a little competetive banter, some more than most!! LOL! I have been a member for a couple of years now but lost my hard drive and had to have my stuff reset, that's why it reads that I have only been a member for a short period of time. Nice to have you aboard and I look forward to mixin it up a little with you. I usually go against what most say since a lot of people only want to hear and believe the good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    No worries at all bud! We all like a little competetive banter, some more than most!! LOL! I have been a member for a couple of years now but lost my hard drive and had to have my stuff reset, that's why it reads that I have only been a member for a short period of time. Nice to have you aboard and I look forward to mixin it up a little with you. I usually go against what most say since a lot of people only want to hear and believe the good stuff.
    Makes sense now...I was like ?

I tend to be the same way, tell it how I see it, and a lot of the time it's not what fellow fans want to hear.

DH argues with everybody!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post

That's another way of putting it. But then, so do I.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

That's another way of putting it. But then, so do I.
    Good thing I stay neutral!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Pot...meet kettle!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Pot...meet kettle!
    Can I be pot?

Can I be pot?

Resident Celebrity

Don't get used to this guys. This behaviour is a total anomaly.

Next time you see me, Canada, and DH all in the same discussion, there may well be bloodshed.

Or at least some ill-used smilies.

Can I be pot?
    HA!!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast