Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Berry working out for the chiefs

Hybrid View

Default Berry working out for the chiefs

Just heard on NFL network..Berry is working out for KC today...woot...

Thats good. If Berry doesn't fall to us, then Earl Thomas from Texas might be avalible. Texas!
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Woops
    Last edited by hometeam; 03-17-2010 at 11:38 PM. Reason: wrong thread

I just don't think we can go wrong with Berry!!!

Sure we'd have to pay him big, but no matter who we get will get that same size check, and is there any one else more likely to help the team more..........I wouldn't know who.

I would also be ok with Okung, or McClain.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I just don't think we can go wrong with Berry!!!

Sure we'd have to pay him big, but no matter who we get will get that same size check, and is there any one else more likely to help the team more..........I wouldn't know who.

I would also be ok with Okung, or McClain.
    Not McClain. ILBs are a dime a dozen. We can get one of almost equal value in the 2nd or 3rd.

Berry just makes an incredible and obvious amount of sense for this team. I think we draft him or trade down. No other options.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Not McClain. ILBs are a dime a dozen. We can get one of almost equal value in the 2nd or 3rd.

Berry just makes an incredible and obvious amount of sense for this team. I think we draft him or trade down. No other options.
    ILB are a dime a dozen???
    I'll probably put as much value on my ILB as I do my Safety...

I mean honestly, I know Berry is projected to be a very good NFL safety but giving him a 40-50 million dollar contract is hard to Justify...Berry WILL BE the highest paid Safety in the LEAGUE if we draft him...

I don't know if he's the answer to our problems on D...I think everything starts up front:
    -No pressure
    -Horrible at stopping the run

Which makes our DB's look bad. Now, I'm not saying we draft a NT to stop the run... I just think...like what someone posted above (comparing the phone and the car), we need to get the most value out of this pick as possible... and that pick is not Safety at no. 5

THAT BEING SAID... I'M ALMOST CONFIDENT SCOTT AND TODD WON'T PICK BERRY W/ THE 5TH. I know they're keeping their options open [in case we trade down]... We have way too many needs on the Oline and Dline + LBs for them to justify spending that much money on a safety...just my opinion
    Last edited by kcmostwanted; 03-18-2010 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kcmostwanted View Post
    ILB are a dime a dozen???
    I'll probably put as much value on my ILB as I do my Safety...

I mean honestly, I know Berry is projected to be a very good NFL safety but giving him a 40-50 million dollar contract is hard to Justify...Berry WILL BE the highest paid Safety in the LEAGUE if we draft him...

I don't know if he's the answer to our problems on D...I think everything starts up front:
    -No pressure
    -Horrible at stopping the run

Which makes our DB's look bad. Now, I'm not saying we draft a NT to stop the run... I just think...like what someone posted above (comparing the phone and the car), we need to get the most value out of this pick as possible... and that pick is not Safety at no. 5

THAT BEING SAID... I'M ALMOST CONFIDENT SCOTT AND TODD WON'T PICK BERRY W/ THE 5TH. I know they're keeping their options open [in case we trade down]... We have way too many needs on the Oline and Dline + LBs for them to justify spending that much money on a safety...just my opinion
    Well, as I wrote in my last post, I think Berry's impact on the team (a legitimate leader/force in the defensive backfield) is something we won't be able to find later in the draft. I think Okung will be gone by 5, either to the Skins or Lions, and none of the other OT, including Baluga, are 5th pick material. And we can get a guy as good as Dan Williams in Cam Thomas in the 2nd.

EDIT: And by "dime a dozen" I meant that there's usually little difference between a ILB picked in the 1st and 3rd. It makes no sense to draft one that high when we can get comparable talent in FA or much later in the draft.

At the fifth pick, Berry would command 11 mil a year, making him BY FAR the highest paid safety in the league, never having played a snap.

Why is that a problem, you ask? Well, because we still have to pay the other positions.

You wouldn't pay as much for your cell phone as you do for your car, would you? if you did, you wouldn't be able to afford your car (left tackle). even if its a reeeeeeeaally good phone.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    At the fifth pick, Berry would command 11 mil a year, making him BY FAR the highest paid safety in the league, never having played a snap.

Why is that a problem, you ask? Well, because we still have to pay the other positions.

You wouldn't pay as much for your cell phone as you do for your car, would you? if you did, you wouldn't be able to afford your car (left tackle). even if its a reeeeeeeaally good phone.
    Well, that's true in a way. But we're going to have to make *someone* the (or one of the) highest paid players at their position, whether it's Berry, Okung, McClain, or Williams. And I think picking Berry fills a need (DB leader and playmaker) that we can't fill elsewhere. Cam Thomas and Mount Cody will be there at the top of the 2nd, as will several great ILBs and OTs.

Anyway, I think we end up trading down (Redskins signing Grossman means they probably don't take a QB in the 1st, and instead take McCoy, Suh, or Okung) with some team who wants Clausen (maybe the Seahawks at 6, Browns at 7, Bills at 9, or Jags at 10). If we trade down, I think we get Dez Bryant or Dan Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post

You may be right, and as I don't agree with a player making so much before they even play a snap, there are no restricts by the NFL.

But in this case, Your going to have to shell out money to any pick at number, any player can be a sleeper just as any player can be a buster. Saftey is a great pick, most play the same thing they did in college so there is not much difference in them.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast